Arts and Humanities Research PG (9682.3)
|Available teaching periods||Delivery mode||Location|
|View teaching periods|| On-Campus
|| UC - Canberra, Bruce
|0.25||6||Faculty Of Arts And Design|
|Discipline||Study level||HECS Bands|
|School Of Arts And Communications||Post Graduate Level|| Band 2 2021 (Commenced After 1 Jan 2021)
Band 2 2021 (Commenced Before 1 Jan 2021)
Learning outcomesOn successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Demonstrate a critical understanding of the fundamental philosophical, methodological and ethical issues involved in undertaking Arts and Humanities research;
2. Demonstrate improved skills and confidence in the close reading and analysis of a wide range of complex theoretical texts relevant to a postgraduate dissertation;
3. Reflect critically on their own research practice, and place it within its broader theoretical context;
4. Place research practice within its broader theoretical context; and
5. Demonstrate skills in and understanding of the research process.
Graduate attributes1. UC graduates are professional - communicate effectively
1. UC graduates are professional - display initiative and drive, and use their organisation skills to plan and manage their workload
1. UC graduates are professional - employ up-to-date and relevant knowledge and skills
1. UC graduates are professional - take pride in their professional and personal integrity
1. UC graduates are professional - use creativity, critical thinking, analysis and research skills to solve theoretical and real-world problems
2. UC graduates are global citizens - behave ethically and sustainably in their professional and personal lives
2. UC graduates are global citizens - communicate effectively in diverse cultural and social settings
2. UC graduates are global citizens - make creative use of technology in their learning and professional lives
3. UC graduates are lifelong learners - adapt to complexity, ambiguity and change by being flexible and keen to engage with new ideas
PrerequisitesAdmission to the Master of Applied Arts and Design or permission of the Unit Convener.
- 7648 Advanced Humanities Research Methods PG.
Equivalent units7648 Advanced Humanities Research Methods PG.
|Year||Location||Teaching period||Teaching start date||Delivery mode||Unit convener|
|2021||UC - Canberra, Bruce||Semester 1||08 February 2021||On-Campus||Dr Glen Fuller|
|2022||UC - Canberra, Bruce||Semester 1||07 February 2022||On-Campus||Dr Glen Fuller|
Buchanan, Ian. 2018 A Dictionary of Critical Theory. OUP.
This is available via the UC library access of the Oxford University Press Reference site: https://www.oxfordreference.com/view/10.1093/acref/9780198794790.001.0001/acref-9780198794790-miscMatter-1-div1-11
Search for tis book via the UC library catalogue and then access via the library.
Active participation is expected.
Required IT skills
General computing skills are required. This includes being able to access, download and post items on/from the Canvas site. You will need to be able to participate in the online classes using appropriate technology.
Work placement, internships or practicums