Indigenous Heritage and Landscapes (9634.2)
|Available teaching periods||Delivery mode||Location|
|View teaching periods|
|0.125||3||Faculty Of Arts And Design|
|Discipline||Study level||HECS Bands|
|Discipline Of Creative And Cultural Practice||Level 3 - Undergraduate Advanced Unit|| Band 2 2021 (Commenced Before 1 Jan 2021)
Band 4 2021 (Commenced After 1 Jan 2021)
Band 4 2021 (Commenced After 1 Jan Social Work_Exclude 0905)
Learning outcomesOn successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Demonstrate an appreciation of the diversity of ways of knowing and seeing landscapes and seascapes;
2. Demonstrate an awareness of Indigenous heritage issues and cultural landscapes; and;
3. Understand how to appropriately engage with Indigenous communities.
Graduate attributes1. UC graduates are professional - communicate effectively
1. UC graduates are professional - display initiative and drive, and use their organisation skills to plan and manage their workload
1. UC graduates are professional - take pride in their professional and personal integrity
1. UC graduates are professional - use creativity, critical thinking, analysis and research skills to solve theoretical and real-world problems
1. UC graduates are professional - work collaboratively as part of a team, negotiate, and resolve conflict
2. UC graduates are global citizens - adopt an informed and balanced approach across professional and international boundaries
2. UC graduates are global citizens - behave ethically and sustainably in their professional and personal lives
2. UC graduates are global citizens - communicate effectively in diverse cultural and social settings
2. UC graduates are global citizens - understand issues in their profession from the perspective of other cultures
- 8158 Indigenous Societies and Heritage AND 8959 Indigenous Conceptions of Landscape.
Equivalent units8158 Indigenous Societies and Heritage AND 8959 Indigenous Conceptions of Landscape.
|Year||Location||Teaching period||Teaching start date||Delivery mode||Unit convener|
Please see Canvas for weekly reading activities
Students are encouraged to attend all lectures, tutorials and excursions
Required IT skills
Students will need to know how to use powerpoint or a similar program for presenting
Students will need to budget approximately $50 (petrol & entry fee) for the excursion to Yankee Hat. Please see Canvas for further details.
Work placement, internships or practicums