Indigenous Heritage and Landscapes (9634.2)
|Available teaching periods||Delivery mode||Location|
|View teaching periods|
|0.125||3||Faculty Of Arts And Design|
|Discipline||Study level||HECS Bands|
|Discipline Of Creative And Cultural Practice||Level 3 - Undergraduate Advanced Unit|| Band 2 2021 (Commenced Before 1 Jan 2021)
Band 4 2021 (Commenced After 1 Jan 2021)
Band 4 2021 (Commenced After 1 Jan Social Work_Exclude 0905)
Learning outcomesOn successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Demonstrate an appreciation of the diversity of ways of knowing and seeing landscapes and seascapes;
2. Demonstrate an awareness of Indigenous heritage issues and cultural landscapes; and;
3. Understand how to appropriately engage with Indigenous communities.
Graduate attributes1. UC graduates are professional - communicate effectively
1. UC graduates are professional - display initiative and drive, and use their organisation skills to plan and manage their workload
1. UC graduates are professional - take pride in their professional and personal integrity
1. UC graduates are professional - use creativity, critical thinking, analysis and research skills to solve theoretical and real-world problems
1. UC graduates are professional - work collaboratively as part of a team, negotiate, and resolve conflict
2. UC graduates are global citizens - adopt an informed and balanced approach across professional and international boundaries
2. UC graduates are global citizens - behave ethically and sustainably in their professional and personal lives
2. UC graduates are global citizens - communicate effectively in diverse cultural and social settings
2. UC graduates are global citizens - understand issues in their profession from the perspective of other cultures
Incompatible units8158 Indigenous Societies and Heritage AND 8959 Indigenous Conceptions of Landscape.
Equivalent units8158 Indigenous Societies and Heritage AND 8959 Indigenous Conceptions of Landscape.
|Year||Location||Teaching period||Teaching start date||Delivery mode||Unit convener|
Please see Canvas for weekly reading activities
Students are encouraged to attend all lectures, tutorials and excursions
Required IT skills
Students will need to know how to use powerpoint or a similar program for presenting
Students will need to budget approximately $50 (petrol & entry fee) for the excursion to Yankee Hat. Please see Canvas for further details.
Work placement, internships or practicums