|Available teaching periods||Delivery mode||Location|
|View teaching periods|
|0.125||3||Faculty Of Arts And Design|
|Discipline||Study level||HECS Bands|
|Discipline Of Creative And Cultural Practice||Level 1 - Undergraduate Introductory Unit|| Band 2 2021 (Commenced After 1 Jan 2021)
Band 2 2021 (Commenced Before 1 Jan 2021)
Learning outcomesOn successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Prepare effectively for a performance;
2. Choose appropriate material for performance;
3. Understand the elements of persuasive performance;
4. Explain and demonstrate strategies for connecting with an audience; and
5. Introduce a performance to an audience.
Graduate attributes1. UC graduates are professional - communicate effectively
1. UC graduates are professional - display initiative and drive, and use their organisation skills to plan and manage their workload
1. UC graduates are professional - take pride in their professional and personal integrity
1. UC graduates are professional - use creativity, critical thinking, analysis and research skills to solve theoretical and real-world problems
1. UC graduates are professional - work collaboratively as part of a team, negotiate, and resolve conflict
3. UC graduates are lifelong learners - adapt to complexity, ambiguity and change by being flexible and keen to engage with new ideas
3. UC graduates are lifelong learners - be self-aware
3. UC graduates are lifelong learners - reflect on their own practice, updating and adapting their knowledge and skills for continual professional and academic development
|Year||Location||Teaching period||Teaching start date||Delivery mode||Unit convener|
There is no text book as such for this unit. Reading and viewing materials are available on the unit Canvas site. None of these readings are very long. You're required to read them all as part of preparation for each class. That way we can devote classes to the practical application of the reading/viewing content.
You're also strongly encouraged to read the UC Book of the Year, Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep by Philip K. Dick as it will be referenced in classes and may offer potential ideas/themes for the Variety Show assessment task.
Submission of assessment items
Special assessment requirements
You must participate in, complete and achieve at least a Pass grade in all three assessment tasks to gain an overall pass grade in the unit.
None other than described elsewhere.
Required IT skills
You will need to be familar with how to work within Canvas, and to create a Mahara eportfolio. Guidance will be provided.
Students will need to use their own portable instruments and /or other performance materials as required, and to source their own scripts, sheet music, costumes if appropriate, etc. for individual or small group performance acts.
Work placement, internships or practicums