BGL Research Project PG (9504.3)
|Available teaching periods||Delivery mode||Location|
|View teaching periods|| Research
|| UC - Canberra, Bruce
|0.125||3||Faculty Of Business, Government & Law|
|Discipline||Study level||HECS Bands|
|Canberra Business School||Post Graduate Level|| Band 4 2021 (Commenced After 1 Jan 2021)
Band 4 2021 (Commenced After 1 Jan Social Work_Exclude 0905)
Band 5 2021 (Commenced Before 1 Jan 2021)
Learning outcomesOn successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Have the capabilities and skills of preparing a research proposal;
2. Undertake a research project with appropriate research methods, competent research skills and project management; and
3. Complete a professional research report.
Graduate attributes1. UC graduates are professional - communicate effectively
1. UC graduates are professional - display initiative and drive, and use their organisation skills to plan and manage their workload
1. UC graduates are professional - employ up-to-date and relevant knowledge and skills
1. UC graduates are professional - take pride in their professional and personal integrity
1. UC graduates are professional - use creativity, critical thinking, analysis and research skills to solve theoretical and real-world problems
2. UC graduates are global citizens - adopt an informed and balanced approach across professional and international boundaries
2. UC graduates are global citizens - communicate effectively in diverse cultural and social settings
2. UC graduates are global citizens - make creative use of technology in their learning and professional lives
2. UC graduates are global citizens - understand issues in their profession from the perspective of other cultures
PrerequisitesMinimum of 15cp and 9505 Research Methods PG
|Year||Location||Teaching period||Teaching start date||Delivery mode||Unit convener|
|2022||UC - Canberra, Bruce||Summer Semester||29 November 2021||Research||Dr Tracey Dickson|
|2022||UC - Canberra, Bruce||Semester 1||07 February 2022||Research||Dr Richard Hu|
|2022||UC - Canberra, Bruce||Winter Term||30 May 2022||Research||Dr Abu Saleh|
|2022||UC - Canberra, Bruce||Semester 2||01 August 2022||Research||Dr Richard Hu|
|2023||UC - Canberra, Bruce||Semester 1||06 February 2023||Research||Dr Richard Hu|
|2023||UC - Canberra, Bruce||Semester 2||31 July 2023||Research||Dr Richard Hu|
Leedy, P. D., & Ormrod, J. E. (2021). Practical research: Planning and design (12th ed.). Pearson Education.
Or any recent previous versions.
To access the School Locker: https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/73MPCwVLX9hxWr7HVOzU3?domain=theschoollocker.com.au
Students are required to participate in all face-to-face and/or online activities of this unit when applicable. Participation in workshop activities including pre-submission presentations directly contribute to the completion of assignments.
Required IT skills
The research activities and report preparation will involve the use of software tools such as Word, Excel, NVivo, SPSS, and Endnote as required by individual projects.
Work placement, internships or practicums