Arts and Design Honours Symposium H (9489.3)
|Available teaching periods||Delivery mode||Location|
|View teaching periods|| On-Campus
|| UC - TAFE Queensland, South Bank
UC - Canberra, Bruce
|0.125||3||Faculty Of Arts And Design|
|Discipline||Study level||HECS Bands|
|School Of Arts And Communications||Undergraduate Honours Level|| Band 1 2013-2020 (Expires 31 Dec 2020)
Band 2 2021 (Commenced After 1 Jan 2021)
Band 2 2021 (Commenced Before 1 Jan 2021)
Learning outcomesOn successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Demonstrate a critical understanding of key differences and continuities between different areas of research and creative practice;
2. Be an effective member of a research community; and
3. Write and present an effective research proposal.
Graduate attributes1. UC graduates are professional - communicate effectively
1. UC graduates are professional - display initiative and drive, and use their organisation skills to plan and manage their workload
1. UC graduates are professional - employ up-to-date and relevant knowledge and skills
1. UC graduates are professional - use creativity, critical thinking, analysis and research skills to solve theoretical and real-world problems
1. UC graduates are professional - take pride in their professional and personal integrity
2. UC graduates are global citizens - behave ethically and sustainably in their professional and personal lives
2. UC graduates are global citizens - communicate effectively in diverse cultural and social settings
3. UC graduates are lifelong learners - adapt to complexity, ambiguity and change by being flexible and keen to engage with new ideas
3. UC graduates are lifelong learners - be self-aware
CorequisitesStudents must be enrolled in 298JA Bachelor of Arts and Design (Honours) OR 355JA Bachelor of Landscape Architecture (Honours) OR 922AA Bachelor of Arts (Honours).
|Year||Location||Teaching period||Teaching start date||Delivery mode||Unit convener|
|2021||UC - TAFE Queensland, South Bank||Semester 1||08 February 2021||On-Campus||Dr John Dahlsen|
|2021||UC - Canberra, Bruce||Semester 1||08 February 2021||On-Campus||Dr Russell Kirkpatrick|
|2022||UC - Canberra, Bruce||Semester 1||07 February 2022||On-Campus||Dr Russell Kirkpatrick|
|2022||UC - TAFE Queensland, South Bank||Semester 1||07 February 2022||On-Campus||Dr John Dahlsen|
This unit covers material from a number of different disciplines. As such, there is no one textbook that adequately covers its themes. Instead a Reading List has been compiled and will be available on the UCLearn site.
Submission of assessment items
Special assessment requirements
All assessable items must be submitted or performed. Failure to do so will result in an NC (Fail) grade being awarded for the unit.
Attendance at the week 1 seminars, week 5 individual appointments, and online engagement with your peers around the Research Proposal oral presentation is expected. Participation in the writing and researcher development sessions is strongly encouraged.
Required IT skills
General computing skills are required. This includes being able to access, download and post items on/from the UCLearn site.
Any cost incurred for projects/research must be covered by students. Please plan your project according to your financial capacity.
Work placement, internships or practicums
Further information about this unit is provided on the UCLearn site.
Equivalent units8899 Arts and Design Honours Symposium H.
- Semester 1, 2021, On-Campus, UC - Canberra, Bruce (199302)
- Semester 1, 2021, On-Campus, UC - TAFE Queensland, South Bank (199303)
- Semester 1, 2020, On-Campus, UC - Canberra, Bruce (194258)
- Semester 1, 2020, On-Campus, UC - TAFE Queensland, South Bank (194257)
- Semester 1, 2019, On-Campus, UC - Canberra, Bruce (191096)