Advanced Musculoskeletal Rehabilitation (9378.2)
|Available teaching periods||Delivery mode||Location|
|View teaching periods|| On-Campus
|| UC - Canberra, Bruce
|0.125||3||Faculty Of Health|
|Discipline||Study level||HECS Bands|
|Discipline Of Sport And Exercise Science||Level 3 - Undergraduate Advanced Unit|| Band 2 2013-2020 (Expires 31 Dec 2020)
Band 2 2021 (Commenced After 1 Jan 2021)
Band 3 2021 (Commenced Before 1 Jan 2021)
Learning outcomesOn successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Demonstrate the ability to appropriately execute a range of clinical/functional related musculoskeletal assessments;
2. Use theoretical knowledge and skills for effective selection and safe implementation of exercise interventions for musculoskeletal disorders; and
3. Monitor the progress of an exercise intervention.
Graduate attributes1. UC graduates are professional - communicate effectively
1. UC graduates are professional - employ up-to-date and relevant knowledge and skills
3. UC graduates are lifelong learners - reflect on their own practice, updating and adapting their knowledge and skills for continual professional and academic development
Prerequisites10069 Musculoskeletal rehabilitation
CorequisitesEnrolment in the Bachelor of Exercise Physiology and Rehabilitation, 266JA.
|Year||Location||Teaching period||Teaching start date||Delivery mode||Unit convener|
|2021||UC - Canberra, Bruce||Semester 2||02 August 2021||On-Campus||Prof Stuart Semple|
|2022||UC - Canberra, Bruce||Semester 2||01 August 2022||On-Campus||Prof Stuart Semple|
Musculoskeletal Interventions. Third Edition. Hoogenboom et al., 2014. McGrawHill
Submission of assessment items
Special assessment requirements
An overall mark of 50% is required to successfully complete this unit. In addition, it is a requirement of this unit that students also obtain a minimum of 50% in their final practcial exam to gain an overall pass.
Use of text matching software
The moderation process for this unit will be detailed on the unit's Canvas site.
Required IT skills
Work placement, internships or practicums