Cultural Heritage Field School (9316.2)
|Available teaching periods||Delivery mode||Location|
|View teaching periods|
|0.125||3||Faculty Of Arts And Design|
|Discipline||Study level||HECS Bands|
|Discipline Of Creative And Cultural Practice||Level 1 - Undergraduate Introductory Unit|| Band 2 2021 (Commenced Before 1 Jan 2021)
Band 4 2021 (Commenced After 1 Jan 2021)
Band 4 2021 (Commenced After 1 Jan Social Work_Exclude 0905)
Learning outcomesOn completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Demonstrate practical skills in the recording, assessment, analysis and management of sites, places and objects; and
2. Demonstrate the ability to apply these skills in the field.
Graduate attributes1. UC graduates are professional - display initiative and drive, and use their organisation skills to plan and manage their workload
1. UC graduates are professional - employ up-to-date and relevant knowledge and skills
1. UC graduates are professional - work collaboratively as part of a team, negotiate, and resolve conflict
1. UC graduates are professional - use creativity, critical thinking, analysis and research skills to solve theoretical and real-world problems
Incompatible units8491 Cultural Heritage Field School
|Year||Location||Teaching period||Teaching start date||Delivery mode||Unit convener|
Heather Burke and Claire Smith, 2004, The Archaeologist's Field Handbook, Allen and Unwin.
Other resources and readings will be notified on your UCLearn (Canvas) teaching site.
Participation in the intensive is critical to developing a practical facility in the skills being taught, as well as an understanding of how to work effectively and safely on site. These skills and understandings will be assessed through the assignments.
Students are expected to finalise the preparation of their portfolio work in their own time.
Required IT skills
Students are expected to be familiar with standard word processing and digital photography software, and to be able to scan hardcopy images for import into a digital document. Students are also expected to be familiar with and to use email and UCLearn (Canvas).
Bus transport will be provided for the site visits on Days 3 and 4 of the intensive. This will be at a cost of no more than $100, and may be less depending on enrolments.
Details of the exact cost and the payment arrangements will be placed on the UCLearn (Canvas) teaching site by the end of February.
Work placement, internships or practicums
This unit involves visits to heritage sites on Days 3 and 4 of the intensive.