Clinical Dietetics 2 PG (9298.1)
|Available teaching periods||Delivery mode||Location|
|View teaching periods|| On-Campus
|| UC - Canberra, Bruce
|0.125||3||Faculty Of Health|
|Discipline||Study level||HECS Bands|
|Discipline Of Nutrition And Dietetics||Post Graduate Level|| Band 2 2021 (Commenced After 1 Jan 2021)
Band 3 2021 (Commenced Before 1 Jan 2021)
Learning outcomesOn completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Describe the physiological, nutritional and metabolic processes influencing nutritional health within a variety of environmental, social and lifecycle circumstances; and
2. Demonstrate the knowledge to be able to apply medical nutrition therapy in the clinical dietetic setting.
Graduate attributes1. UC graduates are professional - communicate effectively
1. UC graduates are professional - employ up-to-date and relevant knowledge and skills
2. UC graduates are global citizens - communicate effectively in diverse cultural and social settings
2. UC graduates are global citizens - think globally about issues in their profession
2. UC graduates are global citizens - understand issues in their profession from the perspective of other cultures
3. UC graduates are lifelong learners - adapt to complexity, ambiguity and change by being flexible and keen to engage with new ideas
3. UC graduates are lifelong learners - evaluate and adopt new technology
3. UC graduates are lifelong learners - reflect on their own practice, updating and adapting their knowledge and skills for continual professional and academic development
Prerequisites9297 Clinical Dietetics 1 PG
Corequisites8250 Counselling and Communication for Dietitians PG
|Year||Location||Teaching period||Teaching start date||Delivery mode||Unit convener|
|2021||UC - Canberra, Bruce||Semester 2||02 August 2021||On-Campus||Dr Cathy Knight-Agarwal|
|2022||UC - Canberra, Bruce||Semester 2||01 August 2022||On-Campus||Dr Cathy Knight-Agarwal|
All required readings for this unit will be made available through this CANVAS site.
Submission of assessment items
Extensions & Late submissions
Moderation of Assessments
Please note that all assignments and exams are subject to moderation. A copy of the moderation guidelines can be found on the CANVAS site for this unit.
Special assessment requirements
Students are required to pass each assessment item in order to pass the unit. Therefore, to pass this unit, students must:
- Attempt all assessment items
- Attain at least 50% of the marks for the final examination, and
- Attain at least 50% of the marks allocated to the assignments.
Inclusion and engagement
Students are strongly encouraged to attend all lectures and tutorials for pedagogical reasons unless they have a valid reason for non-attendance (e.g. illness) or permission from the Unit Convener.
Required IT skills
Students are expected to be familiar with the use of diet analysis software (i.e. Foodworks).
Students will need a non-programmable calculator.
Work placement, internships or practicums
- 8658 Clinical Dietetics PG
- Semester 2, 2021, On-Campus, UC - Canberra, Bruce (201674)
- Semester 2, 2020, On-Campus, UC - Canberra, Bruce (196401)
- Semester 2, 2019, On-Campus, UC - Canberra, Bruce (188406)
- Semester 2, 2018, On-Campus, UC - Canberra, Bruce (180193)
- Semester 2, 2017, On-Campus, UC - Canberra, Bruce (164347)
- Semester 2, 2016, On-Campus, UC - Canberra, Bruce (151738)
- Semester 2, 2015, On-Campus, UC - Canberra, Bruce (140420)