Information Graphics (9286.4)
|Available teaching periods||Delivery mode||Location|
|View teaching periods|
|0.125||3||Faculty Of Arts And Design|
|Discipline||Study level||HECS Bands|
|School Of Design And The Built Environment||Level 3 - Undergraduate Advanced Unit|| Band 2 2021 (Commenced After 1 Jan 2021)
Band 2 2021 (Commenced Before 1 Jan 2021)
Learning outcomesOn completion of this unit students will be able to:
1. Demonstrate understanding of the historical origins of information design;
2. Analyse and interpret information and data sources;
3. Demonstrate how to meaningfully represent information and data sources in graphic form; and
4. Demonstrate innovative use of media to achieve effective outcomes.
Graduate attributes1. UC graduates are professional - communicate effectively
1. UC graduates are professional - use creativity, critical thinking, analysis and research skills to solve theoretical and real-world problems
2. UC graduates are global citizens - make creative use of technology in their learning and professional lives
3. UC graduates are lifelong learners - adapt to complexity, ambiguity and change by being flexible and keen to engage with new ideas
3. UC graduates are lifelong learners - evaluate and adopt new technology
3. UC graduates are lifelong learners - reflect on their own practice, updating and adapting their knowledge and skills for continual professional and academic development
- 8606 Information Graphics
Equivalent units8606 Information Graphics
Assumed knowledgeExpertise in Graphic Design software.
|Year||Location||Teaching period||Teaching start date||Delivery mode||Unit convener|
Detailed readings are available on Canvas.
Students must maintain a satisfactory level of attendance. Attendance below 80% may adversely affect your ability to complete the unit at a satisfactory level.
Required IT skills
It is expected that you will have an advanced understanding of graphic design software.
Work placement, internships or practicums