Heritage Philosophy and Ethics (8943.3)
|Available teaching periods
|View teaching periods
|Faculty Of Arts And Design
|Discipline Of Creative And Cultural Practice
|Level 3 - Undergraduate Advanced Unit
| Band 2 2021 (Commenced Before 1 Jan 2021)
Band 4 2021 (Commenced After 1 Jan 2021)
Band 4 2021 (Commenced After 1 Jan Social Work_Exclude 0905)
Learning outcomesOn completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Demonstrate knowledge of the main codes of ethics for cultural heritage;
2. Critically analyse heritage philosophies and ethics in their cultural context; and
3. Demonstrate capacity to apply ethical approaches in a range of different contexts.
Graduate attributes1. UC graduates are professional - communicate effectively
1. UC graduates are professional - take pride in their professional and personal integrity
1. UC graduates are professional - use creativity, critical thinking, analysis and research skills to solve theoretical and real-world problems
2. UC graduates are global citizens - adopt an informed and balanced approach across professional and international boundaries
2. UC graduates are global citizens - behave ethically and sustainably in their professional and personal lives
2. UC graduates are global citizens - think globally about issues in their profession
3. UC graduates are lifelong learners - reflect on their own practice, updating and adapting their knowledge and skills for continual professional and academic development
Equivalent units7963 Ethics and Professional Practice
|Teaching start date
Details of readings will be provided on the UCLearn site.
There is a significant link between student participation and the quality of learning outcomes demonstrated in submitted assignments.Students are expected to attend and actively participate in the online discussion forums and activities to achieve the learning outcomes of this unit.
Students are expected to regularly check the UCLearn site and their university email for new information and readings relevant to the unit.
Required IT skills
Students are required to use Word, Powerpoint, email, internet, UCLearn and the Library Catalogue.
Assignment 2 requires the development of a Powerpoint presentation which online students will submit as a recording.
Costs for the optional mid semester tour will be posted on UCLearn early in semester. There are no other in-unit costs.
Work placement, internships or practicums