Research in Creative Arts and Design H (8900.4)
|Available teaching periods||Delivery mode||Location|
|View teaching periods|| On-Campus
|| South Bank, QLD
|0.125||3||Faculty Of Arts And Design|
|Discipline||Study level||HECS Bands|
|School Of Arts And Communications||Undergraduate Honours Level|| Band 2 2021 (Commenced After 1 Jan 2021)
Band 2 2021 (Commenced Before 1 Jan 2021)
Learning outcomesOn successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Demonstrate a critical understanding of the fundamental epistemological, methodological, and ethical issues involved in undertaking research in design or the creative arts at the Honours level;
2. Reflect critically upon their own research approach, and place it within its broader theoretical context; and
3. Demonstrate skills in, and understanding of, the process of undertaking research in design or the creative arts.
Graduate attributes1. UC graduates are professional - use creativity, critical thinking, analysis and research skills to solve theoretical and real-world problems
2. UC graduates are global citizens - understand issues in their profession from the perspective of other cultures
3. UC graduates are lifelong learners - adapt to complexity, ambiguity and change by being flexible and keen to engage with new ideas
CorequisitesStudents must be enrolled in 298JA Bachelor of Arts and Design (Honours) OR 355JA Bachelor of Landscape Architecture (Honours) OR 922AA Bachelor of Arts (Honours).
Incompatible unitsRestrictions: This unit is not open to students who have passed 7537 Creative Research: Theory and Practice PG.
Equivalent units7537 Creative Research: Theory and Practice PG
|Year||Location||Teaching period||Teaching start date||Delivery mode||Unit convener|
|2023||South Bank, QLD||Semester 1||06 February 2023||On-Campus||Dr John Dahlsen|
|2023||South Bank, QLD||Semester 2||31 July 2023||On-Campus||Dr John Dahlsen|
|2024||South Bank, QLD||Semester 1||05 February 2024||On-Campus||Dr John Dahlsen|
|2024||South Bank, QLD||Semester 2||29 July 2024||On-Campus||Dr John Dahlsen|
Required tutorial readings – you must read these
See Canvas: All readings will be available through the unit web site.
Submission of assessment items
Extensions & Late submissions
Special assessment requirements
Students have a responsibility to uphold University standards on ethical scholarship. Good scholarship involves building on the work of others and use of others' work must be acknowledged with proper attribution made. Cheating, plagiarism, and falsification of data are dishonest practices that contravene academic values. Refer to the University's Student Charter for more information.
To enhance understanding of academic integrity, all students are expected to complete the Academic Integrity Module (AIM) at least once during their course of study. You can access this module within UCLearn (Canvas) through the 'Academic Integrity and Avoiding Plagiarism' link in the Study Help site.
Use of Text-Matching Software
The University of Canberra uses text-matching software to help students and staff reduce plagiarism and improve understanding of academic integrity. The software matches submitted text in student assignments against material from various sources: the internet, published books and journals, and previously submitted student texts.
There is a significant link between a student's attendance/participation, and the quality of their learning outcomes demonstrated by the submitted assessable components. Regular attendance/participation is expected.
Please advise the Unit Convener (by email) in advance if you are unable to attend a particular class.
Required IT skills
General computing skills are required.
Work placement, internships or practicums
- Semester 2, 2023, On-Campus, UC - TAFE Queensland, South Bank (214939)
- Semester 1, 2023, On-Campus, UC - TAFE Queensland, South Bank (212023)
- Semester 2, 2022, On-Campus, UC - TAFE Queensland, South Bank (209769)
- Semester 1, 2022, On-Campus, UC - Canberra, Bruce (206595)
- Semester 1, 2022, On-Campus, UC - TAFE Queensland, South Bank (206596)
- Semester 2, 2021, On-Campus, UC - TAFE Queensland, South Bank (209295)
- Semester 1, 2021, On-Campus, UC - Canberra, Bruce (199340)
- Semester 1, 2021, On-Campus, UC - TAFE Queensland, South Bank (199341)
- Semester 1, 2020, On-Campus, UC - Canberra, Bruce (194290)
- Semester 1, 2020, On-Campus, UC - TAFE Queensland, South Bank (194291)
- Semester 1, 2019, On-Campus, UC - Canberra, Bruce (191216)