Research in Creative Arts and Design H (8900.4)
|Available teaching periods||Delivery mode||Location|
|View teaching periods|| On-Campus
|| UC - TAFE Queensland, South Bank
UC - Canberra, Bruce
|0.125||3||Faculty Of Arts And Design|
|Discipline||Study level||HECS Bands|
|School Of Arts And Communications||Undergraduate Honours Level|| Band 2 2021 (Commenced After 1 Jan 2021)
Band 2 2021 (Commenced Before 1 Jan 2021)
Learning outcomesOn successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Demonstrate a critical understanding of the fundamental epistemological, methodological, and ethical issues involved in undertaking research in design or the creative arts at the Honours level;
2. Reflect critically upon their own research approach, and place it within its broader theoretical context; and
3. Demonstrate skills in, and understanding of, the process of undertaking research in design or the creative arts.
Graduate attributes1. UC graduates are professional - use creativity, critical thinking, analysis and research skills to solve theoretical and real-world problems
2. UC graduates are global citizens - understand issues in their profession from the perspective of other cultures
3. UC graduates are lifelong learners - adapt to complexity, ambiguity and change by being flexible and keen to engage with new ideas
CorequisitesStudents must be enrolled in 298JA Bachelor of Arts and Design (Honours) OR 355JA Bachelor of Landscape Architecture (Honours) OR 922AA Bachelor of Arts (Honours).
- Restrictions: This unit is not open to students who have passed 7537 Creative Research: Theory and Practice PG.
Equivalent units7537 Creative Research: Theory and Practice PG
|Year||Location||Teaching period||Teaching start date||Delivery mode||Unit convener|
|2021||UC - TAFE Queensland, South Bank||Semester 1||08 February 2021||On-Campus||Dr John Dahlsen|
|2021||UC - Canberra, Bruce||Semester 1||08 February 2021||On-Campus||Dr Paul Magee|
|2021||UC - TAFE Queensland, South Bank||Semester 2||02 August 2021||On-Campus||Dr John Dahlsen|
|2022||UC - TAFE Queensland, South Bank||Semester 1||07 February 2022||On-Campus||Dr John Dahlsen|
|2022||UC - Canberra, Bruce||Semester 1||07 February 2022||On-Campus||Dr Paul Magee|
|2022||UC - TAFE Queensland, South Bank||Semester 2||01 August 2022||On-Campus||Dr John Dahlsen|
See Canvas: All readings will be available through the unit web site.
There is a significant link between a student's attendance/participation, and the quality of their learning outcomes demonstrated by the submitted assessable components. Regular attendance/participation is expected.
Please advise the Unit Convener (by email) in advance if you are unable to attend a particular class.
Required IT skills
General computing skills are required.
For set text, as detailed above.
Work placement, internships or practicums
- Semester 2, 2021, On-Campus, UC - TAFE Queensland, South Bank (209295)
- Semester 1, 2021, On-Campus, UC - Canberra, Bruce (199340)
- Semester 1, 2021, On-Campus, UC - TAFE Queensland, South Bank (199341)
- Semester 1, 2020, On-Campus, UC - Canberra, Bruce (194290)
- Semester 1, 2020, On-Campus, UC - TAFE Queensland, South Bank (194291)
- Semester 1, 2019, On-Campus, UC - Canberra, Bruce (191216)