Digital Environment (8330.6)
|Available teaching periods||Delivery mode||Location|
|View teaching periods|| On-Campus
|| UC - University of Canberra College, Bruce
UC - Canberra, Bruce
|0.125||3||Faculty Of Arts And Design|
|Discipline||Study level||HECS Bands|
|School Of Design And The Built Environment||Level 1 - Undergraduate Introductory Unit|| Band 2 2013-2020 (Expires 31 Dec 2020)
Band 2 2021 (Commenced After 1 Jan 2021)
Band 3 2021 (Commenced Before 1 Jan 2021)
Learning outcomesOn successful completion of this unit students will be able to:
1. Relate the application of digital software to creative expression in design;
2. Identify the elemental techniques for digitally generating visual and spatial representations; and
3. Recognise the potential of digital design communication techniques for the profession of design.
Graduate attributes1. UC graduates are professional - communicate effectively
1. UC graduates are professional - employ up-to-date and relevant knowledge and skills
2. UC graduates are global citizens - make creative use of technology in their learning and professional lives
3. UC graduates are lifelong learners - evaluate and adopt new technology
1. UC graduates are professional - display initiative and drive, and use their organisation skills to plan and manage their workload
|Year||Location||Teaching period||Teaching start date||Delivery mode||Unit convener|
|2021||UC - University of Canberra College, Bruce||UC College Trimester 1||22 February 2021||On-Campus||Mr James Young|
|2021||UC - Canberra, Bruce||Semester 2||02 August 2021||On-Campus||Dr Saeed Banihashemi|
|2021||UC - University of Canberra College, Bruce||UC College Trimester 3||18 October 2021||On-Campus||Mr James Young|
|2022||UC - Canberra, Bruce||Semester 2||01 August 2022||On-Campus||Dr Saeed Banihashemi|
|2022||UC - University of Canberra College, Bruce||UC College Trimester 3||17 October 2022||On-Campus||Mr James Young|
All relevant unit readings can be found on the unit Canvas site.
Students are expected to attend all classes. There is a significant link between a student's attendance / participation, and the quality of their learning outcomes demonstrated by the submitted assessable project components.
Please advise the Unit Convener (by email) in advance if you are unable to attend a particular class.
Required IT skills
Attendance to each tutorial is expected and will be recorded.
You can download a 90-day evaluation version of Rhinoceros3D from their website.
Work placement, internships or practicums
- UC College Trimester 1, 2021, On-Campus, UC - University of Canberra College, Bruce (203867)
- Semester 2, 2020, On-Campus, UC - Canberra, Bruce (195449)
- UC College Trimester 2, 2020, On-Campus, UC - University of Canberra College, Bruce (203240)
- UC College Trimester 3, 2019, On-Campus, UC - University of Canberra College, Bruce (198495)
- Semester 2, 2019, On-Campus, UC - Canberra, Bruce (192444)