Digital Environment (8330.6)
|Available teaching periods||Delivery mode||Location|
|View teaching periods|| On-Campus
|| UC - University of Canberra College, Bruce
UC - Canberra, Bruce
|0.125||3||Faculty Of Arts And Design|
|Discipline||Study level||HECS Bands|
|School Of Design And The Built Environment||Level 1 - Undergraduate Introductory Unit|| Band 2 2021 (Commenced After 1 Jan 2021)
Band 3 2021 (Commenced Before 1 Jan 2021)
Learning outcomesOn successful completion of this unit students will be able to:
1. Relate the application of digital software to creative expression in design;
2. Identify the elemental techniques for digitally generating visual and spatial representations; and
3. Recognise the potential of digital design communication techniques for the profession of design.
Graduate attributes1. UC graduates are professional - communicate effectively
1. UC graduates are professional - employ up-to-date and relevant knowledge and skills
2. UC graduates are global citizens - make creative use of technology in their learning and professional lives
3. UC graduates are lifelong learners - evaluate and adopt new technology
1. UC graduates are professional - display initiative and drive, and use their organisation skills to plan and manage their workload
|Year||Location||Teaching period||Teaching start date||Delivery mode||Unit convener|
|2021||UC - University of Canberra College, Bruce||UC College Trimester 1||22 February 2021||On-Campus||Mr James Young|
|2021||UC - Canberra, Bruce||Semester 2||02 August 2021||On-Campus||Dr Saeed Banihashemi|
|2021||UC - University of Canberra College, Bruce||UC College Trimester 3||18 October 2021||On-Campus||Mr James Young|
|2022||UC - University of Canberra College, Bruce||UC College Trimester 2||06 June 2022||On-Campus||Mr James Young|
|2022||UC - Canberra, Bruce||Semester 2||01 August 2022||On-Campus||Dr Saeed Banihashemi|
All relevant unit readings can be found on the unit Canvas site.
Students are strongly recommended to attend all lectures and tutorials.
Required IT skills
On-campus computer facilities are available to students to complete all assessment items for the unit (outside of scheduled class times). Students who wish to attend class and complete assessment items using their own PCs are welcome to do so.
Building & Construction Management: You can download a free 3-year student version of Autodesk AutoCad and Revit from the Autodesk website.
Work placement, internships or practicums
- Semester 2, 2021, On-Campus, UC - Canberra, Bruce (199705)
- UC College Trimester 1, 2021, On-Campus, UC - University of Canberra College, Bruce (203867)
- Semester 2, 2020, On-Campus, UC - Canberra, Bruce (195449)
- UC College Trimester 2, 2020, On-Campus, UC - University of Canberra College, Bruce (203240)
- UC College Trimester 3, 2019, On-Campus, UC - University of Canberra College, Bruce (198495)
- Semester 2, 2019, On-Campus, UC - Canberra, Bruce (192444)