Editing Sound and Image (8120.5)
|Available teaching periods
|View teaching periods
|Faculty Of Arts And Design
|School Of Arts And Communications
|Level 1 - Undergraduate Introductory Unit
| Band 2 2021 (Commenced Before 1 Jan 2021)
Band 4 2021 (Commenced After 1 Jan 2021)
Band 4 2021 (Commenced After 1 Jan Social Work_Exclude 0905)
Learning outcomesOn successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Demonstrate a practical understanding of sound and video acquisition and editing;
2. Plan, develop and create media works using sound and video production;
3. Analyse and apply basic screen grammar and image/sound relationships; and
4. Critically reflect on their own creative choices and techniques and those of their peers.
Graduate attributes1. UC graduates are professional - communicate effectively
1. UC graduates are professional - use creativity, critical thinking, analysis and research skills to solve theoretical and real-world problems
2. UC graduates are global citizens - communicate effectively in diverse cultural and social settings
2. UC graduates are global citizens - make creative use of technology in their learning and professional lives
3. UC graduates are lifelong learners - evaluate and adopt new technology
3. UC graduates are lifelong learners - reflect on their own practice, updating and adapting their knowledge and skills for continual professional and academic development
Assumed knowledgeBasic skills in computer and internet use.
|Teaching start date
Texts/Readings will be provided on Canvas
Students should endeavour to maintain at least 80% attendance for all lectures and tutorials. Lectures and tutorials are designed to scaffold student learning and assist students to complete their Assignment tasks. If there is a legitimate reason for an absence, then the lecturer should be emailed as a courtesy to explain the absence.
Additionally, students are expected to engage in an additional 4-7hrs of work per week for the unit, which excludes the lectures and tutorials (approximately 80hrs over a semester).
Required IT skills
This unit assumes IT and media production skills in line with the prerequisite units. Students should be comfortable designing, developing and producing digital media in a range of forms.
Work placement, internships or practicums