Information Sciences Internship (7899.4)
|Available teaching periods||Delivery mode||Location|
|View teaching periods|| Internship
|| UC - Canberra, Bruce
|0.125||3||Faculty Of Science And Technology|
|Discipline||Study level||HECS Bands|
|Academic Program Area - Technology||Level 3 - Undergraduate Advanced Unit|| Band 2 2021 (Commenced After 1 Jan 2021)
Band 3 2021 (Commenced Before 1 Jan 2021)
Learning outcomesOn successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Demonstrate practical experience in the tasks, roles, techniques, tools and skills associated with information sciences; and
2. Evaluate and report on the relative merits of alternative approaches and their application in the field of information sciences.
Graduate attributes1. UC graduates are professional - communicate effectively
1. UC graduates are professional - display initiative and drive, and use their organisation skills to plan and manage their workload
1. UC graduates are professional - employ up-to-date and relevant knowledge and skills
1. UC graduates are professional - take pride in their professional and personal integrity
1. UC graduates are professional - use creativity, critical thinking, analysis and research skills to solve theoretical and real-world problems
1. UC graduates are professional - work collaboratively as part of a team, negotiate, and resolve conflict
2. UC graduates are global citizens - adopt an informed and balanced approach across professional and international boundaries
2. UC graduates are global citizens - behave ethically and sustainably in their professional and personal lives
2. UC graduates are global citizens - communicate effectively in diverse cultural and social settings
Depending on the nature of the intern positions, the depth of each of the Graduate Attributes addressed may vary.
PrerequisitesMust have passed 48 credit points AND have permission from the Unit Convener.
|Year||Location||Teaching period||Teaching start date||Delivery mode||Unit convener|
|2021||UC - Canberra, Bruce||Semester 1||08 February 2021||Internship||Dr Kumudu Munasinghe|
|2021||UC - Canberra, Bruce||Semester 2||02 August 2021||Internship||Dr Kumudu Munasinghe|
|2022||UC - Canberra, Bruce||Semester 1||07 February 2022||Internship||Dr Kumudu Munasinghe|
|2022||UC - Canberra, Bruce||Semester 2||01 August 2022||Internship||Dr Kumudu Munasinghe|
The unit is primarily an experiential learning unit based on time spent in industry and reflection on tasks done, there are no required textbooks.
Submission of assessment items
Special assessment requirements
Normally an aggregate mark of 50% is required to pass the unit.
The final grade for the subject is then determined according to the following table:
85 <= Final mark <= 100
Final grade = HD
75 <= Final mark < 85
Final grade = DI
65 <= Final mark < 75
Final grade = CR
50 <= Final mark < 65
Final grade = P
0 <= Final mark < 50
a final grade (NX, NC, or NN)
A student spends a 120-hours placement in the intern hosting organisation and 30-hours on the assessment items.
A 120-hours placement in the intern hosting organisation is compulsory.
Required IT skills
varies depending on the nature of intern positions
Work placement, internships or practicums
This unit involves ICT practice in workplaces, and therefore, additional student responsibilities are required in addition to those described in this section. Work-place learning requires strict adherence to professional practice principles and ethics. The professional nature of this unit also requires 100% participation at all learning activities for the successful completion of this unit (also see section 6c). If attendance requirements cannot be satisfied, it is recommended that you meet with your Unit Convener to schedule this unit for a future semester.
- Semester 2, 2021, Internship, UC - Canberra, Bruce (202109)
- Semester 1, 2021, Internship, UC - Canberra, Bruce (200400)
- Semester 2, 2020, Internship, UC - Canberra, Bruce (195620)
- Semester 1, 2020, Internship, UC - Canberra, Bruce (194184)
- Semester 2, 2019, Internship, UC - Canberra, Bruce (185364)
- Semester 1, 2019, Internship, UC - Canberra, Bruce (185032)
- Semester 2, 2018, Internship, UC - Canberra, Bruce (182073)
- Semester 2, 2018, Internship, UC - Global Business College of Australia, Melbourne (183386)
- Semester 1, 2018, Internship, UC - Global Business College of Australia, Melbourne (183385)
- Semester 1, 2018, Internship, UC - Canberra, Bruce (182069)