Organisational Behaviour (7878.5)
|Available teaching periods||Delivery mode||Location|
|View teaching periods|
|0.125||3||Faculty Of Business, Government & Law|
|Discipline||Study level||HECS Bands|
|School Of Management||Level 2 - Undergraduate Intermediate Unit|| Band 4 2021 (Commenced After 1 Jan 2021)
Band 4 2021 (Commenced After 1 Jan Social Work_Exclude 0905)
Band 5 2021 (Commenced Before 1 Jan 2021)
This unit is designed to assist students in developing their people skills so that they can become a state-of-the-art manager. This will be achieved by providing students with the concepts, theories, issues and insights into the behavioural aspects of individuals and work groups. The purpose of this unit is to study human behaviour in organisations at the individual and group level and to identify the effect of organisation structure and processes on behaviour.
Learning outcomes1. students will have developed or improved their skills in analysis and problem solving; academic competencies as they relate to written and oral presentations.
2. application of basic and enduring principles developed from the study of organisational behaviour as they apply to the workplace.
3. comprehension of the interactions between the various theoretical approaches in organisational behaviour.
Graduate attributes1. UC graduates are professional - communicate effectively
1. UC graduates are professional - employ up-to-date and relevant knowledge and skills
1. UC graduates are professional - use creativity, critical thinking, analysis and research skills to solve theoretical and real-world problems
1. UC graduates are professional - work collaboratively as part of a team, negotiate, and resolve conflict
2. UC graduates are global citizens - behave ethically and sustainably in their professional and personal lives
2. UC graduates are global citizens - communicate effectively in diverse cultural and social settings
3. UC graduates are lifelong learners - adapt to complexity, ambiguity and change by being flexible and keen to engage with new ideas
3. UC graduates are lifelong learners - reflect on their own practice, updating and adapting their knowledge and skills for continual professional and academic development
Prerequisites4207 Introduction to Management OR 9525 Principles of Management.
|Year||Location||Teaching period||Teaching start date||Delivery mode||Unit convener|
Robbins, Judge, Millett, and Boyle, Organizational Behaviour, 2016, 8th edition, Pearson, Australia
Submission of assessment items
Extensions & Late submissions
1. Online Quizzes (week 3, 6, 7, 9 and 12)
3. Assignment #1 (diagnosis paper): The reflective essay should be submitted online on the Canvas site by September 9th, 11:55 p.m.
3. Assignmenmt #2 (drivers and consequences of OB variable): The report should be submitted online on the Canvas site by 21st of October 11:55 p.m.
5. Final Examination: On Campus
Special assessment requirements
Please note that you are required to submit your written assignments online through Canvas site, and your work should be submitted to URKUND to check for text matching. Please bear in mind that I don't give a second chance to anybody with high URKUND report and the reports will be sent directly to Associate Dean of Education Office for further investigation. As a student from University of Canberra you are responsible to familiarize yourself with UC policies about misconduct including plagiarism.
It is essential that students use the textbook and the online content provided on the Canvas site for this unit to do their assignments, and to take their online quizzes, as well as their final exam.
Required IT skills
Work placement, internships or practicums
- 9526 Principles of Organisational Behaviour
Equivalent units9526 Principles of Organisational Behaviour
- Semester 2, 2018, On-Campus, UC - TAFE NSW Northern Sydney, St Leonard's (179654)
- Semester 2, 2018, On-Campus, UC - Canberra, Bruce (179655)
- Semester 2, 2018, Online, UC - Canberra, Bruce (179659)
- Semester 2, 2018, On-Campus, UC - Global Business College of Australia, Melbourne (179658)
- Semester 2, 2017, On-Campus, UC - Global Business College of Australia, Melbourne (174769)
- Semester 2, 2017, On-Campus, UC - TAFE NSW Northern Sydney, St Leonard's (174648)
- Semester 2, 2017, Online, UC - Canberra, Bruce (174624)
- Semester 2, 2017, On-Campus, UC - Canberra, Bruce (167787)
- Semester 2, 2016, On-Campus, UC - Canberra, Bruce (159590)
- Semester 2, 2016, On-Campus, UC - TAFE Queensland, South Bank (159591)