Nursing Honours Thesis PT: Part A (6994.4)
|Available teaching periods||Delivery mode||Location|
|View teaching periods|| On-Campus
| UC - Canberra, Bruce
|0.25||6||Faculty Of Health|
|Discipline||Study level||HECS Bands|
|Discipline Of Nursing||Undergraduate Honours Level|| Band 1 2013-2020 (Expires 31 Dec 2020)
Band 1 2021 (Commenced After 1 Jan 2021)
Band 1 2021 (Commenced Before 1 Jan 2021)
Graduate attributes1. UC graduates are professional - communicate effectively
1. UC graduates are professional - display initiative and drive, and use their organisation skills to plan and manage their workload
1. UC graduates are professional - employ up-to-date and relevant knowledge and skills
1. UC graduates are professional - take pride in their professional and personal integrity
1. UC graduates are professional - use creativity, critical thinking, analysis and research skills to solve theoretical and real-world problems
1. UC graduates are professional - work collaboratively as part of a team, negotiate, and resolve conflict
2. UC graduates are global citizens - adopt an informed and balanced approach across professional and international boundaries
2. UC graduates are global citizens - behave ethically and sustainably in their professional and personal lives
2. UC graduates are global citizens - communicate effectively in diverse cultural and social settings
After successful completion of this unit, the student will be able to:
- Critically analyses nursing practice to identify potential research foci;
- Critically appraise literature in order to generate an appropriate research question;
- Develop a comprehensive plan for conducting research; and
- Demonstrate an advanced understanding of the research process and the ethical conduct of research.
|Year||Location||Teaching period||Teaching start date||Delivery mode||Unit convener|
|2021||UC - Canberra, Bruce||Semester 1||08 February 2021||On-Campus||Dr Kasia Bail|
|2021||UC - Canberra, Bruce||Semester 2||02 August 2021||Online||Dr Kasia Bail|
|2021||UC - Canberra, Bruce||Semester 2||02 August 2021||On-Campus||Dr Kasia Bail|
|2022||UC - Canberra, Bruce||Semester 1||07 February 2022||On-Campus||Dr Kasia Bail|
|2022||UC - Canberra, Bruce||Semester 2||01 August 2022||Online||Dr Kasia Bail|
|2022||UC - Canberra, Bruce||Semester 2||01 August 2022||On-Campus||Dr Kasia Bail|
Readings and resources will be shared between supervisors and students, dependent on the topic and student need.
Students are encouraged to maximise library resources including familiarity with databases such as Web of Science and CINAHL, and reference support software such as Endnote and Refworks.
Honours thesis is a student-led endeavor, and participation and leadership is required.
Required IT skills
Software skills with word, excel, outlook expected. Library database searching, referencing software such as Endnote are required, and use of statistical or qualitative software packages such as SPSS or NVIVO are likely to be used during the candidature.
Work placement, internships or practicums
None. Participation in professional and networking opportunities in relation to the topic and project are expected for Honours students.