Tourism Masters Thesis A R PT (6871.6)
|Available teaching periods||Delivery mode||Location|
|View teaching periods|
|0.25||6||Faculty Of Business, Government & Law|
|Discipline||Study level||HECS Bands|
|School Of Management||Research Level|| Band 4 2021 (Commenced After 1 Jan 2021)
Band 4 2021 (Commenced After 1 Jan Social Work_Exclude 0905)
Band 5 2021 (Commenced Before 1 Jan 2021)
This unit build upon the subjects Tourism Research Proposal R and Research Methods PG. It shall comprise advanced study and research embodying an original investigation resulting in a contribution to knowledge, or a new presentation of existing knowledge in the field of tourism. Each student will conduct research and produce a thesis under a supervisor. The thesis shall normally consist of approximately 40,000 words.
Learning outcomesOn successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Demonstrate competence in research at an appropriate MA level;
2. Define research problems in the field of tourism studies;
3. Identify and utilise appropriate tourism research methodologies and theoretical or conceptual frameworks;
4. Effectively communicate the results of tourism research to stakeholders; and
5. Undertake and produce a major piece of independent research in tourism studies.
PrerequisitesTourism Research Proposal R, Research Methods PG.
|Year||Location||Teaching period||Teaching start date||Delivery mode||Unit convener|