Systemic Anatomy and Physiology (6529.3)
|Available teaching periods||Delivery mode||Location|
|View teaching periods|| On-Campus
|| UC - Canberra, Bruce
|0.125||3||Faculty Of Health|
|Discipline||Study level||HECS Bands|
|Discipline Of Sport And Exercise Science||Level 1 - Undergraduate Introductory Unit|| Band 2 2021 (Commenced After 1 Jan 2021)
Band 3 2021 (Commenced Before 1 Jan 2021)
Learning outcomesUpon successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Define and correctly use anatomical and physiological terminology;
2. Recognise and describe the macroscopic and microscope structure of the following body systems: Cardiovascular, endocrine, respiratory, gastrointestinal, urinary and reproductive systems;
3. Interpret and explain how the above systems function and interact with each other; and
4. Interpret and explain how the above systems function to maintain homeostasis.
Graduate attributes1. UC graduates are professional - communicate effectively
1. UC graduates are professional - display initiative and drive, and use their organisation skills to plan and manage their workload
1. UC graduates are professional - employ up-to-date and relevant knowledge and skills
2. UC graduates are global citizens - communicate effectively in diverse cultural and social settings
3. UC graduates are lifelong learners - adapt to complexity, ambiguity and change by being flexible and keen to engage with new ideas
3. UC graduates are lifelong learners - reflect on their own practice, updating and adapting their knowledge and skills for continual professional and academic development
3. UC graduates are lifelong learners - evaluate and adopt new technology
|Year||Location||Teaching period||Teaching start date||Delivery mode||Unit convener|
|2021||UC - Canberra, Bruce||Summer Semester||30 November 2020||On-Campus||Ms Erin Kelly|
|2021||UC - Canberra, Bruce||Semester 2||02 August 2021||On-Campus||Dr Disa Pryor|
|2022||UC - Canberra, Bruce||Summer Semester||28 November 2021||On-Campus||Ms Erin Kelly|
|2022||UC - Canberra, Bruce||Semester 2||01 August 2022||On-Campus||Dr Disa Pryor|
Suggested Textbook: E-text: Tortora & Derrickson, Principles of Anatomy and Physiology, 2st Asia-Pacific Edition, Wiley
Submission of assessment items
Use of text matching software
Students applying for deferrals must follow the information provided on canvas.
All requests including forms and supporting documentation must be uploaded to the appropriate dropbox.
It is the student's responsibility to check if the request has been approved (completed = approved; incomplete = not approved)
Students have 3 calendar days to apply for deferrals
Engaging in theory material is expected through listening/watching the online recordings. Material may be presented as short videos or prerecorded lectures. Students will also be provided with associated theory/lecture notes
Laboratory attendance is expected. Non-attendance at laboratory classes is likely to diminish a student's ability to meet unit learning objectives, and will likely impair assessment performance. Laboratory attendance records will be kept and can be used as evidence of individual student engagement with the unit.
It is expected that students will work through the online component of this course in a timely fashion.
Required IT skills
It is expected that students will possess UC IT entry skills. Students are expected to use the Canvas site for this unit to access all of the required materials and to complete the online assessments (Quizzes).
Lab book ~ $25
Lab coat ~$25
Work placement, internships or practicums
Students will be required to complete a laboratory induction prior to the commencement of the on-campus laboratory classes. Students are expected to follow laboratory rules outlined in the Laboratory Induction document at all times. Failure to do so will result in exclusion from the laboratory.
- Semester 2, 2021, On-Campus, UC - Canberra, Bruce (201627)
- Summer Semester, 2021, On-Campus, UC - Canberra, Bruce (198930)
- Semester 2, 2020, On-Campus, UC - Canberra, Bruce (196342)
- Semester 2, 2019, On-Campus, UC - Canberra, Bruce (188344)
- Winter Term, 2019, On-Campus, UC - Canberra, Bruce (189588)
- Semester 2, 2018, On-Campus, UC - Canberra, Bruce (180120)
- Winter Term, 2018, On-Campus, UC - Canberra, Bruce (180587)
- Semester 2, 2017, On-Campus, UC - Canberra, Bruce (164199)
- Winter Term, 2017, On-Campus, UC - Canberra, Bruce (164532)
- Semester 2, 2016, On-Campus, UC - Canberra, Bruce (151797)
- Winter Term, 2016, On-Campus, UC - Canberra, Bruce (152336)
- Semester 2, 2015, On-Campus, UC - Canberra, Bruce (140552)
- Winter Term, 2015, On-Campus, UC - Canberra, Bruce (141051)