Psychological Measurement PG (6489.5)
|Available teaching periods||Delivery mode||Location|
|View teaching periods|| On-Campus
|| UC - Canberra, Bruce
|0.125||3||Faculty Of Health|
|Discipline||Study level||HECS Bands|
|Discipline Of Psychology||Post Graduate Level|| Band 1 2021 (Commenced After 1 Jan 2021)
Band 1 2021 (Commenced Before 1 Jan 2021)
Band 2 2013-2020 (Expires 31 Dec 2020)
Learning outcomesOn successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Delineate the assumptions, functions, and desirable properties of psychological measures;
2. Critically review the psychometric, ethical, and sociocultural issues in the construction, validation, implementation and interpretation of psychological measures with critical consideration of their appropriateness when working with people from culturally diverse backgrounds, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples; and
3. Critically evaluate the reliability, validity, and standardisation procedures of selected psychological tests.
Graduate attributes1. UC graduates are professional - communicate effectively
1. UC graduates are professional - use creativity, critical thinking, analysis and research skills to solve theoretical and real-world problems
2. UC graduates are global citizens - think globally about issues in their profession
2. UC graduates are global citizens - understand issues in their profession from the perspective of other cultures
CorequisitesMust be enrolled in course 769AA Bachelor of Science in Psychology (Honours).
|Year||Location||Teaching period||Teaching start date||Delivery mode||Unit convener|
|2021||UC - Canberra, Bruce||Winter Term||01 June 2021||On-Campus||Dr Jeroen Van Boxtel|
|2022||UC - Canberra, Bruce||Winter Term||30 May 2022||On-Campus||Dr Jeroen Van Boxtel|
Readings will be provided where required.
Submission of assessment items
Extensions & Late submissions
Additional requirements for the submission of assessment items for this unit
All quizzes, and assessment reports are to be submitted electronically via the unit's Canvas site by the due date and time. Each assessment report must include both the written report and the original test records (with the examinee's name whitened out). Test records can be scanned/photographed and uploaded as a pdf or image document to accompany the report. The written report needs to be submitted in pdf/docx format.
All assessment items need to be attempted in order to pass the unit
Special assessment requirements
Students are expected to attend classes, as participation in class activities is necessary for developing students' knowledge and competence in psychological testing and assessment.
Required IT skills
No special IT skills are required.
Test materials necessary for unit completion will be supplied in class/online at no additional cost to the students.
Work placement, internships or practicums
- The unit coordinator aims to respond to questions within 2 working days. This includes questions related to assessments. Therefore, if you ask questions within 2 working days from the due date, you may not get a reply before the assignement is due. This also relates to technical problems that may arise when doing the quizzes.
- Questions of a general nature, not involving personal details, should be asked on the discussion forum. This is to ensure that everyone receives the same information. General questions asked via email may not receive a response.