Developing Human Resources (6403.6)
|Available teaching periods||Delivery mode||Location|
|View teaching periods|
|0.125||3||Faculty Of Business, Government & Law|
|Discipline||Study level||HECS Bands|
|School Of Management||Level 3 - Undergraduate Advanced Unit|| Band 4 2021 (Commenced After 1 Jan 2021)
Band 4 2021 (Commenced After 1 Jan Social Work_Exclude 0905)
Band 5 2021 (Commenced Before 1 Jan 2021)
Learning outcomesOn successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of human resource development theories;
2. Assess strategic aspects of human resource development;
3. Analyse organisational human resource development programs;
4. Synthesise issues in the management of human resources, such as career management, that relate to human resource development; and
5. Analyse strategic human resources issues using theories and concepts of human resource development.
Graduate attributes1. UC graduates are professional - communicate effectively
1. UC graduates are professional - display initiative and drive, and use their organisation skills to plan and manage their workload
1. UC graduates are professional - employ up-to-date and relevant knowledge and skills
1. UC graduates are professional - take pride in their professional and personal integrity
1. UC graduates are professional - use creativity, critical thinking, analysis and research skills to solve theoretical and real-world problems
1. UC graduates are professional - work collaboratively as part of a team, negotiate, and resolve conflict
2. UC graduates are global citizens - adopt an informed and balanced approach across professional and international boundaries
2. UC graduates are global citizens - behave ethically and sustainably in their professional and personal lives
2. UC graduates are global citizens - communicate effectively in diverse cultural and social settings
Prerequisites4207 Introduction to Management OR 9525 Principles of Management
|Year||Location||Teaching period||Teaching start date||Delivery mode||Unit convener|
The required Unit text is: Carbery, R and Cross, C 2015, Human Resource Development: A Concise Introduction, Palgrave MacMillian Education, Australia.
Students are strongly encouraged to purchase the Unit Textbook as soon as possible after enrolling in the unit and to read the relevant chapters before attending each class.
A range of academic books, journals and websites will be identified on the Unit's Moodle website to assist students in their research in this unit.
See the requirements for Student Engagement including the student engagement survey with details contained in the Unit Guidelines on the Unit Canvas site.
Students complete a survey on their engagement at the end of the semester. This is combined with the lecturer's observations, information on academic performance generally in the Unit, progress with the WIL components, and staff student interaction. It is in student's interests to attend the majority of workshops and contribute regularly.
Required IT skills
General knowledge of Moodle, Email, Word and PowerPoint applications. Students need to be able to undertake research using the library's online data bases.
Work placement, internships or practicums
Additional information will be available from the Guideline on the Unit's Canvas site and the Unit's Canvas site generally