Industrial Relations (6384.8)
|Available teaching periods||Delivery mode||Location|
|View teaching periods|
|0.125||3||Faculty Of Business, Government & Law|
|Discipline||Study level||HECS Bands|
|School Of Management||Level 2 - Undergraduate Intermediate Unit|| Band 4 2021 (Commenced After 1 Jan 2021)
Band 4 2021 (Commenced After 1 Jan Social Work_Exclude 0905)
Band 5 2021 (Commenced Before 1 Jan 2021)
Learning outcomesOn successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Possess a background in, and overview of, industrial relations in Australia.
Graduate attributes1. UC graduates are professional - communicate effectively
1. UC graduates are professional - display initiative and drive, and use their organisation skills to plan and manage their workload
1. UC graduates are professional - employ up-to-date and relevant knowledge and skills
1. UC graduates are professional - take pride in their professional and personal integrity
1. UC graduates are professional - use creativity, critical thinking, analysis and research skills to solve theoretical and real-world problems
1. UC graduates are professional - work collaboratively as part of a team, negotiate, and resolve conflict
2. UC graduates are global citizens - behave ethically and sustainably in their professional and personal lives
3. UC graduates are lifelong learners - reflect on their own practice, updating and adapting their knowledge and skills for continual professional and academic development
3. UC graduates are lifelong learners - adapt to complexity, ambiguity and change by being flexible and keen to engage with new ideas
Prerequisites4207 Introduction to Management OR 9525 Principles of Management
|Year||Location||Teaching period||Teaching start date||Delivery mode||Unit convener|
The Unit text is an e-book that is available from Cengage Publishing on line and is entitled 6384 Industrial Relations Unit Textbook Semester 1 2018 or similar.
This text is a combination of a text on Employment Relations and a text on Work Health and Safety. This text is tailor made for 6384 Industrial Relations.
Students are encouraged to attemd all tutorials and if they cannot attend the lecture they should access the recorded version on Echo360.
Tutorial contribution is essential and is part of the assessment model for this Unit. Successful completion of this unit requires students to complete all assessment items.
Required IT skills
Students need to be able to access Canvas, to submit their assignments on-line and be able to undertaken research using the Library's on-line data bases.
Work placement, internships or practicums
- Semester 1, 2018, On-Campus, UC - Canberra, Bruce (177768)
- Semester 1, 2017, On-Campus, UC - TAFE Queensland, South Bank (170706)
- Semester 1, 2017, On-Campus, UC - Canberra, Bruce (166713)
- Semester 1, 2016, On-Campus, UC - Canberra, Bruce (156888)
- Semester 1, 2016, On-Campus, UC Melbourne - Chadstone Campus (156889)