International Marketing PG (6244.9)
|Available teaching periods||Delivery mode||Location|
|View teaching periods|| Flexible
|| UC - Canberra, Bruce
|0.125||3||Faculty Of Business, Government & Law|
|Discipline||Study level||HECS Bands|
|Canberra Business School||Post Graduate Level|| Band 4 2021 (Commenced After 1 Jan 2021)
Band 4 2021 (Commenced After 1 Jan Social Work_Exclude 0905)
Band 5 2021 (Commenced Before 1 Jan 2021)
Learning outcomesAfter successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Critically analyse the modifications to the marketing mix that are required to be made by businesses and organisations to operate successfully internationally;
2. Critically evaluate and explain the challenges that organisations face in different cultural settings, including indigenous organisations;
3. Identify and recommend suitable strategies that lead to sustainable competitive advantages globally; and
4. Develop a professional international marketing plan.
Graduate attributes1. UC graduates are professional - communicate effectively
1. UC graduates are professional - display initiative and drive, and use their organisation skills to plan and manage their workload
1. UC graduates are professional - employ up-to-date and relevant knowledge and skills
1. UC graduates are professional - take pride in their professional and personal integrity
2. UC graduates are global citizens - think globally about issues in their profession
1. UC graduates are professional - use creativity, critical thinking, analysis and research skills to solve theoretical and real-world problems
1. UC graduates are professional - work collaboratively as part of a team, negotiate, and resolve conflict
2. UC graduates are global citizens - adopt an informed and balanced approach across professional and international boundaries
2. UC graduates are global citizens - behave ethically and sustainably in their professional and personal lives
Prerequisites6261 Marketing G
Incompatible units11182 International Marketing, 6380 International Marketing
|Year||Location||Teaching period||Teaching start date||Delivery mode||Unit convener|
|2023||UC - Canberra, Bruce||Semester 1||06 February 2023||Flexible||Dr Abu Saleh|
|2024||UC - Canberra, Bruce||Semester 1||05 February 2024||Flexible||Dr Abu Saleh|
Link to Library Unit Resources
Czinkota, M. R., Ronkainen, L. A., Cui, A. (2023), International Marketing, 11th Edition, Cengage
Fletcher, R & Crawford, H. (2017), International Marketing - An Asia-Pacific Perspective (7th ed). Pearson.
Keegan, W. J., Green, M. C., & Keegan, W. J. (2019). Global marketing, (8th ed). Upper Saddle River, N.J: Prentice-Hall.
Alon, I., Jaffe, E., Prange, C., Vianelli, D. (2021). Global Marketing. New York: Routledge
Czinkota, M., Ronkainen, I., Sutton-Brady, C., Beal, T. & Stegemann, N. (2014). International Marketing (3rd Asia-Pacific Edition). Cengage Learning, Australia.
Sources for your Marketing plan- country profile, reports etc.
Below are examples of information
How to find markets:
Foreign affairs country information reports
Check out different country profiles;
Country profiles United Nations (useful for target market information in the marketing plan:
Retail and consumers in the age of Covid 19:
Digital consumption ( Accenture)
Factbook- country comparisons, CIA
Marketing/ business journals containing useful articles on international marketing
Students are required to read all relevant instructions and the readings assigned for this unit in order to perform well in this units. Also students are expected to navigate the CANVAS site and other tools used in this unit.
Inclusion and engagement
Due to the nature of assessments designed in this unit is recommended that you listen to all the lectures and attend corresponding f2f workshops following immediately to achieve the overall unit learning outcomes.
Required IT skills
Unit participants are required to have knowledge in standard application software such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint. They also should have the ability to access online resources via Canvas.
Work placement, internships or practicums
Online simulation of marketing activities.