Discipline Advancement (11943.1)
|Available teaching periods||Delivery mode||Location|
|View teaching periods|| On-Campus
|| South Bank, QLD
|0.125||3||Faculty Of Arts And Design|
|Discipline||Study level||HECS Bands|
|School Of Arts And Communications||Level 2 - Undergraduate Intermediate Unit|| Band 2 2021 (Commenced After 1 Jan 2021)
Band 2 2021 (Commenced Before 1 Jan 2021)
Learning outcomesOn successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Apply specific discipline skills to produce resolved creative works;
2. Evaluate structural and cultural frameworks for the production and presentation of creative works; and
3. Demonstrate self-management and communication skills in academic and/or creative contexts.
Graduate attributes1. UC graduates are professional - communicate effectively
1. UC graduates are professional - employ up-to-date and relevant knowledge and skills
1. UC graduates are professional - use creativity, critical thinking, analysis and research skills to solve theoretical and real-world problems
3. UC graduates are lifelong learners - adapt to complexity, ambiguity and change by being flexible and keen to engage with new ideas
3. UC graduates are lifelong learners - reflect on their own practice, updating and adapting their knowledge and skills for continual professional and academic development
1. UC graduates are professional - take pride in their professional and personal integrity
1. UC graduates are professional - display initiative and drive, and use their organisation skills to plan and manage their workload
2. UC graduates are global citizens - behave ethically and sustainably in their professional and personal lives
2. UC graduates are global citizens - think globally about issues in their profession
Prerequisites11942 Discipline Development
|Year||Location||Teaching period||Teaching start date||Delivery mode||Unit convener|
|2023||South Bank, QLD||Semester 2||31 July 2023||On-Campus||Dr Patrick Mitchell|
|2024||South Bank, QLD||Semester 2||29 July 2024||On-Campus||Dr Patrick Mitchell|
As specified by the lecturer for each creative discipline.
Students are required to abide by the structure and processes of the creative project as specified by the lecturer of each discipline.
Required IT skills
Students will be required to access the Canvas student management system, and specific software programs as required for their creative practice.
Work placement, internships or practicums
As specified by the lecturer for each discipline