Urban Landscape Systems and Planning (11887.1)
|Available teaching periods||Delivery mode||Location|
|View teaching periods|| Flexible
|| UC - Canberra, Bruce
|0.125||3||Faculty Of Arts And Design|
|Discipline||Study level||HECS Bands|
|School Of Design And The Built Environment||Level 3 - Undergraduate Advanced Unit|| Band 2 2021 (Commenced After 1 Jan 2021)
Band 3 2021 (Commenced Before 1 Jan 2021)
Learning outcomesOn successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Demonstrate an appreciation for urban planning and the various interrelated issues addressed;
2. Understand the significance of urban landscapes to creating more environmentally responsive and socially equitable cities;
3. Synthesise the key opportunities for change and identify strategic actions to create that change; and
4. Have undertaken the reading, research, and analytical review to develop and coherently present their own position and responses.
Graduate attributes1. UC graduates are professional - communicate effectively
1. UC graduates are professional - work collaboratively as part of a team, negotiate, and resolve conflict
1. UC graduates are professional - use creativity, critical thinking, analysis and research skills to solve theoretical and real-world problems
1. UC graduates are professional - employ up-to-date and relevant knowledge and skills
1. UC graduates are professional - take pride in their professional and personal integrity
2. UC graduates are global citizens - communicate effectively in diverse cultural and social settings
3. UC graduates are lifelong learners - reflect on their own practice, updating and adapting their knowledge and skills for continual professional and academic development
This unit provides a focus on how we can improve the socio-ecologlical systems that make our urban envrionments. Students will consider past urban planning approaches and the contribution of 'green infrastructure to developing more ecologically diverse and socially equitable urban envrionments. Students will demonstrate their understanding of the urban systems and how they may be managed through tutorial exercisess, workshops, comparative analysis, preparation of presentations and rreports.
Equivalent units11037 Landscape Systems.
Assumed knowledgeResearch skills.
|Year||Location||Teaching period||Teaching start date||Delivery mode||Unit convener|
|2023||UC - Canberra, Bruce||Semester 1||06 February 2023||Flexible||Ms Gay Williamson|
|2024||UC - Canberra, Bruce||Semester 1||05 February 2024||Flexible||Ms Gay Williamson|
All recommnded texts and readings will be placed on the Canvas site. These are regularly updated and added to through the Semester.
Students are to refer to Canvas for the tutorial exercies and what is required.
Required IT skills
Understanding of basic word and power point presentations.
Work placement, internships or practicums