Landscape Architecture Design 4 (11885.1)
|Available teaching periods||Delivery mode||Location|
|View teaching periods|| On-Campus
|| Bruce, Canberra
|0.125||3||Faculty Of Arts And Design|
|Discipline||Study level||HECS Bands|
|School Of Design And The Built Environment||Level 3 - Undergraduate Advanced Unit|| Band 2 2021 (Commenced After 1 Jan 2021)
Band 3 2021 (Commenced Before 1 Jan 2021)
Learning outcomesOn successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Engage with urban design & planning theory to work with cities and regions;
2. Undertake sophisticated mapping using digital tools to represent links between diverse natural and cultural systems;
3. Develop strategic ideas that develop over time utilising innovative urban design and planning instruments, tools & techniques; and
4. Represent strategic ideas in such a way that they allow communication with diverse audiences in the community.
Graduate attributes1. UC graduates are professional - use creativity, critical thinking, analysis and research skills to solve theoretical and real-world problems
1. UC graduates are professional - communicate effectively
1. UC graduates are professional - work collaboratively as part of a team, negotiate, and resolve conflict
1. UC graduates are professional - employ up-to-date and relevant knowledge and skills
1. UC graduates are professional - take pride in their professional and personal integrity
2. UC graduates are global citizens - communicate effectively in diverse cultural and social settings
Prerequisites11883 Landscape Architecture Design 1 AND 11033 Landscape Architecture Design 2.
Equivalent units9982 Graduation Studio (Landscape)
|Year||Location||Teaching period||Teaching start date||Delivery mode||Unit convener|
|2023||Bruce, Canberra||Semester 2||31 July 2023||On-Campus||Ms Gay Williamson|
|2024||Bruce, Canberra||Semester 2||29 July 2024||On-Campus||Ms Gay Williamson|
There are no set texts. However, students will be provided with recommended reading and resources thoroughout the semeter.
Students are to refer to the Canvas teaching site.
Studio learning is critcal. Participation in studio exercises and discussions will be monitored and is part of the Assessment for the unit.
Required IT skills
Skills developed in unit prerequisites will be critical.
Work placement, internships or practicums