Social Media Marketing G (11867.1)
|Available teaching periods||Delivery mode||Location|
|View teaching periods|| Online
|| UC - Canberra, Bruce
|0.125||3||Faculty Of Arts And Design|
|Discipline||Study level||HECS Bands|
|School Of Arts And Communications||Graduate Level|| Band 2 2021 (Commenced Before 1 Jan 2021)
Band 4 2021 (Commenced After 1 Jan 2021)
Band 4 2021 (Commenced After 1 Jan Social Work_Exclude 0905)
Learning outcomesOn successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Appraise and design strategies for the application of social media campaigns;
2. Evaluate, interpret and reflect on how to create and engage with online communities, with consideration of cultural and ethical impacts;
3. Synthesise knowledge and hypothesise plausible social media marketing applications for real-world examples; and
4. Generate creative messages that connect with audiences in digital environments.
Graduate attributes1. UC graduates are professional - communicate effectively
1. UC graduates are professional - display initiative and drive, and use their organisation skills to plan and manage their workload
1. UC graduates are professional - employ up-to-date and relevant knowledge and skills
1. UC graduates are professional - use creativity, critical thinking, analysis and research skills to solve theoretical and real-world problems
3. UC graduates are lifelong learners - be self-aware
3. UC graduates are lifelong learners - reflect on their own practice, updating and adapting their knowledge and skills for continual professional and academic development
4. UC graduates are able to demonstrate Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander ways of knowing, being and doing - apply their knowledge to working with Indigenous Australians in socially just ways
4. UC graduates are able to demonstrate Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander ways of knowing, being and doing - communicate and engage with Indigenous Australians in ethical and culturally respectful ways
Social media platforms can be one of the most powerful ways to create, grow and engage with communities. Those communities can be fans of your creative work, building a network of supporters to promote new ideas, or finding new consumers. This unit explores how to craft messages for and how to reach consumers through social media platforms. Includes how different social media platforms can be used to best engage with their audiences and how to build audiences through organic and paid promotion. Students will learn best practices on how to effectively plan and implement social media campaigns across different platforms, how to monitor and engage with social communities, and how to create messages that best capture audience attention.
|Year||Location||Teaching period||Teaching start date||Delivery mode||Unit convener|
|2022||UC - Canberra, Bruce||Semester 2||01 August 2022||Online||Mr Dan Andrew|
|2023||UC - Canberra, Bruce||Semester 2||31 July 2023||Online||Mr Dan Andrew|
See Canvas for weekly readings.
Make sure to have a working webcam and microphone for engaging in online tutorials.
Required IT skills
Work placement, internships or practicums