Digital Production Project (11840.1)
|Available teaching periods
|View teaching periods
|Faculty Of Arts And Design
|School Of Arts And Communications
|Level 3 - Undergraduate Advanced Unit
| Band 2 2021 (Commenced Before 1 Jan 2021)
Band 4 2021 (Commenced After 1 Jan 2021)
Band 4 2021 (Commenced After 1 Jan Social Work_Exclude 0905)
Learning outcomesAfter successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Plan and undertake a substantial digital media arts project;
2. Document, evaluate and present their own creative process;
3. Respond proactively to a creative challenge; and
4. Interpret and apply skills and knowledge in digital media production.
Graduate attributes1. UC graduates are professional - employ up-to-date and relevant knowledge and skills
1. UC graduates are professional - communicate effectively
1. UC graduates are professional - use creativity, critical thinking, analysis and research skills to solve theoretical and real-world problems
1. UC graduates are professional - display initiative and drive, and use their organisation skills to plan and manage their workload
1. UC graduates are professional - take pride in their professional and personal integrity
2. UC graduates are global citizens - make creative use of technology in their learning and professional lives
3. UC graduates are lifelong learners - reflect on their own practice, updating and adapting their knowledge and skills for continual professional and academic development
3. UC graduates are lifelong learners - adapt to complexity, ambiguity and change by being flexible and keen to engage with new ideas
PrerequisitesStudents enrolled in ARB003 Bachelor of Arts (Digital Media) must have passed 11064 Design for Digital Contexts OR 11132 Engineering Reality.
Students enrolled in ARB202 Bachelor of Design (Interaction Design) must have passed 11054 Human Factors for Interaction Design, 11055 Programming for Design, 11056 Front-end Web Design and 11836 Digital Media Art 2: Image Production OR 11059 Tangible and Embodied Interaction Design.
Students enrolled in ARB302 Bachelor of Digital Design (Game Design) must have passed 11683 Introduction to Games Production OR 11687 Virtual Environments.
Equivalent units11136 Illuminated Bits
|Teaching start date
This project unit requires you to work independently and consistently throughout the semester. You will need to put as much time as possible into the project work - up to 10 hours per week. You are expected to attend supervisory meetings regularly, and it is your responsibility to maintain contact with your supervisor throughout the semester. If your project starts going poorly for any reason, you must let your supervisor know as early as possible so we can negotiate a solution.
None. However, note that you must be able to present your presentation in week 3 unless you have made arrangements with the lecturer, and regular contact with your supervisor is essential to ensure you do not end up with a poor final submission.
Required IT skills
Students undertaking this unit are expected the be in the final year of a digital media, games or interaction design degree or major in one of these areas, and are expected to have significant practical digital production skills. If in doubt, please discuss with your unit convenor as early as possible.
Work placement, internships or practicums