Advanced Assessment and Intervention B PG (11824.1)
|Available teaching periods||Delivery mode||Location|
|View teaching periods|| On-Campus
|| Bruce, Canberra
|0.125||3||Faculty Of Health|
|Discipline||Study level||HECS Bands|
|Discipline Of Psychology||Post Graduate Level|| Band 1 2021 (Pg Clinical Psychology)
Band 2 2021 (Prof Pathway Psychology-After 1 Jan 2021)
Band 2 2021 (Prof Pathway Psychology-Before 1 Jan 2021)
Band 2 2021 (Standard Course Commenced Before 1 Jan 2021)
Band 4 2021 (Commenced After 1 Jan Social Work_Exclude 0905)
Band 4 2021 (Standard Course Commenced After 1 Jan 2021)
Learning outcomesOn successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Critically evaluate theory and practice of evidence-based treatment options in specialist settings;
2. Demonstrate skills in advance assessment and diagnosis of complex mental health disorders in specialist settings; and
3. Engage in appropriate cultural assessment of complex mental health problems in specialist settings.
Graduate attributes1. UC graduates are professional - employ up-to-date and relevant knowledge and skills
2. UC graduates are global citizens - communicate effectively in diverse cultural and social settings
4. UC graduates are able to demonstrate Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander ways of knowing, being and doing - communicate and engage with Indigenous Australians in ethical and culturally respectful ways
Prerequisites11820 Adult Psychopathology, Assessment, and Treatment PG
Equivalent units6307 Forensic Psychology for Clinicians PG
Assumed knowledge11820 Adult Psychopathology, Assessment, and Treatment PG
|Year||Location||Teaching period||Teaching start date||Delivery mode||Unit convener|
|2023||Bruce, Canberra||Winter Term||30 May 2023||On-Campus||Dr Douglas Boer|
|2024||Bruce, Canberra||Winter Term||27 May 2024||On-Campus||Dr Douglas Boer|
There is no required text book for the unit. However, readings will be supplied by topic.
It is expected that all students will actively engage in the unit activities.
Non-attendance may impact on a student's ability to demonstrate competency and therefore acheive a passing grade in the unit.
Required IT skills
Work placement, internships or practicums