Built Environment Professional Thesis 2 (6CP) PG (11813.1)
|Available teaching periods||Delivery mode||Location|
|View teaching periods|| Flexible
|| Bruce, Canberra
|0.25||6||Faculty Of Arts And Design|
|Discipline||Study level||HECS Bands|
|School Of Design And The Built Environment||Post Graduate Level|| Band 2 2021 (Commenced After 1 Jan 2021)
Band 3 2021 (Commenced Before 1 Jan 2021)
Learning outcomesOn successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Conduct a detailed and discrete original industry-orientated research project and detail the implications of that work in the broader context;
2. Clearly document and communicate industry and practical experiences;
3. Express professional knowledge, understanding, ideas, arguments and opinions with confidence and clarity, both written and spoken, with the effective use of relevant communication aids; and
4. Demonstrate the ability to work ethically within a professional team and to manage time, goals and priorities.
Graduate attributes1. UC graduates are professional - communicate effectively
1. UC graduates are professional - use creativity, critical thinking, analysis and research skills to solve theoretical and real-world problems
2. UC graduates are global citizens - understand issues in their profession from the perspective of other cultures
Prerequisites11811 Built Environment Professional Thesis 1 (6CP) PG
|Year||Location||Teaching period||Teaching start date||Delivery mode||Unit convener|
|2023||Bruce, Canberra||Semester 2||31 July 2023||Flexible||Dr Saeed Banihashemi|
|2024||Bruce, Canberra||Semester 1||05 February 2024||Flexible||Dr Saeed Banihashemi|
|2024||Bruce, Canberra||Semester 2||29 July 2024||Flexible||Dr Saeed Banihashemi|
All required readings for this unit will be advised by the thesis supervisors or from self-learning.
Students need to attend regular meetings with their supervisors. Lack of attendance may result in their inability to satisfactorily pass assessment items.
Required IT skills
Common IT skills, such as writing a report electronically, and using web browsers are required.
Work placement, internships or practicums
This unit may involve fieldwork/placement or internship/WIL project/simulation depending on the nature of the thesis you undertake.