Physiotherapy Honours Thesis 1 (11761.1)
|Available teaching periods||Delivery mode||Location|
|View teaching periods|| On-Campus
|| UC - Canberra, Bruce
|0.25||6||Faculty Of Health|
|Discipline||Study level||HECS Bands|
|Discipline Of Physiotherapy||Level 4 - Undergraduate Advanced Unit|| Band 2 2021 (Commenced After 1 Jan 2021)
Band 3 2021 (Commenced Before 1 Jan 2021)
This research work is developed into the honours thesis over the two honours units.
Learning outcomesOn completion of this unit student, will be able to:
1. Implement a research project that answers a specific research question relevant to the profession;
2. Critically appraise and synthesise research literature in a relevant research field;
3. Evaluate and integrate feedback and reflect on the best research methods and outcomes measures relevant to the project; and
4. Justify the use of the research design and methods used in their project.
Graduate attributes1. UC graduates are professional - communicate effectively
1. UC graduates are professional - display initiative and drive, and use their organisation skills to plan and manage their workload
1. UC graduates are professional - employ up-to-date and relevant knowledge and skills
1. UC graduates are professional - take pride in their professional and personal integrity
1. UC graduates are professional - use creativity, critical thinking, analysis and research skills to solve theoretical and real-world problems
1. UC graduates are professional - work collaboratively as part of a team, negotiate, and resolve conflict
2. UC graduates are global citizens - behave ethically and sustainably in their professional and personal lives
2. UC graduates are global citizens - communicate effectively in diverse cultural and social settings
2. UC graduates are global citizens - make creative use of technology in their learning and professional lives
Prerequisites8987 Evidence Based Practice (Honours) AND permission of the unit convener to participate in the Honours stream.
CorequisitesEnrolment in 202JA Bachelor of Physiotherapy.
Equivalent units8992 Physiotherapy Honours Thesis 1 (3cp)
|Year||Location||Teaching period||Teaching start date||Delivery mode||Unit convener|
|2022||UC - Canberra, Bruce||Winter Term||30 May 2022||On-Campus||Dr Grant Willson|
|2023||UC - Canberra, Bruce||Winter Term||30 May 2023||On-Campus||Dr Grant Willson|
There are no required texts for this unit.
Honours is anticipated to take at least 10 hours per week of study time. Because this is largely independent study, it is recommended you structure your time effectively.
Please take initiative to set up regular meetings with your Honours supervisor - these will be necessary as you progress through this unit.
Attendance at all teaching sessions is expected. Regular meetings with your supervisor and the Honours programme convenor are essential. Mentoring with the unit convenor in face-to-face meetings or via email is strongly recommended.
Required IT skills
Work placement, internships or practicums