Engaging with LANTITE G (11696.1)
|Available teaching periods||Delivery mode||Location|
|View teaching periods|| On-Campus
|| UC - Canberra, Bruce
|0.0||0||Faculty Of Education|
|Discipline||Study level||HECS Bands|
|Academic Program Area - Education||Graduate Level|| Band 1 2013-2020 (Expires 31 Dec 2020)
Band 1 2021 (Commenced After 1 Jan 2021)
Band 1 2021 (Commenced Before 1 Jan 2021)
Learning outcomesAfter successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Demonstrate literacy and numeracy achievement equivalent to the top 30 per cent of the Australian adult population (see https://teacheredtest.acer.edu.au/about); and
2. Demonstrate the ability to apply test-taking strategies, including deductive reasoning, time management and following instructions.
Graduate attributes1. UC graduates are professional - communicate effectively
1. UC graduates are professional - display initiative and drive, and use their organisation skills to plan and manage their workload
1. UC graduates are professional - employ up-to-date and relevant knowledge and skills
1. UC graduates are professional - take pride in their professional and personal integrity
1. UC graduates are professional - use creativity, critical thinking, analysis and research skills to solve theoretical and real-world problems
2. UC graduates are global citizens - behave ethically and sustainably in their professional and personal lives
2. UC graduates are global citizens - communicate effectively in diverse cultural and social settings
2. UC graduates are global citizens - think globally about issues in their profession
3. UC graduates are lifelong learners - be self-aware
PrerequisitesStudents must be enrolled in an graduate program of Initial Teacher Education: EDM001 or EDM101.
|Year||Location||Teaching period||Teaching start date||Delivery mode||Unit convener|
|2021||UC - Canberra, Bruce||Semester 1||08 February 2021||On-Campus||Dr Rachel Cunneen|
|2021||UC - Canberra, Bruce||Winter Term||01 June 2021||On-Campus||Dr Kym Simoncini|
|2021||UC - Canberra, Bruce||Semester 2||02 August 2021||On-Campus||Dr Siewimm Tan|
|2022||UC - Canberra, Bruce||Semester 1||07 February 2022||On-Campus||Dr Rachel Cunneen|
|2022||UC - Canberra, Bruce||Winter Term||30 May 2022||On-Campus||Dr Rachel Cunneen|
|2022||UC - Canberra, Bruce||Semester 2||01 August 2022||On-Campus||Dr Rachel Cunneen|
Learning material will be available on Canvas, including online resources.
Submission of assessment items
Use of text matching software
Please note that the University takes student conduct very seriously. All documentation provided to University staff must be valid and the provision of fraudulent documentation carries with it potentially serious consequences, including suspension and/or exclusion from the University. Note that all allegations of student misconduct will be referred to the Associate Dean for Education (ADE), as a prescribed authority for investigation.
This unit requires accessing the preparatory material on Canvas regularly in order to successfully complete the LANTITE test. Hours needed for success will vary. It is expected that students re-sitting LANTITE will engage in at least six sessions with Study Skills and/or MASH
Students who are not successful on one or more LANTITE attempts will be required to attend workshops on exam taking strategies and to book for a consultation with Study Skills (Library) and/or the Maths and Statistics Help centre (MASH) in building 6B. Active engagement with the Modules on the unit Canvas site will be taken into consideration.
Required IT skills
Students will be required to access and view the CANVAS site regularly.
Please see https://teacheredtest.acer.edu.au/ for details regarding the cost of taking LANTITE.
Work placement, internships or practicums
Reading and complying with this information is a requirement for students enrolled in the unit.