3D Graphics (11684.1)
|Available teaching periods||Delivery mode||Location|
|View teaching periods|| On-Campus
|| UC - TAFE Queensland, South Bank
|0.125||3||Faculty Of Arts And Design|
|Discipline||Study level||HECS Bands|
|School Of Arts And Communications||Level 1 - Undergraduate Introductory Unit|| Band 2 2021 (Commenced After 1 Jan 2021)
Band 3 2021 (Commenced Before 1 Jan 2021)
Learning outcomesOn successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Discover and employ techniques for navigating and creating in the context of 3D production environments;
2. Select and use appropriate technology to produce and manipulate 3D designs;
3. Apply the principles of UV coordinate mapping and asset texture production to 3D asset construction;
4. Prepare and implement 3D design solutions; and
5. Analyse and explain contemporary 3D software and how it applies to asset construction methodology.
Graduate attributes1. UC graduates are professional - communicate effectively
1. UC graduates are professional - employ up-to-date and relevant knowledge and skills
1. UC graduates are professional - use creativity, critical thinking, analysis and research skills to solve theoretical and real-world problems
1. UC graduates are professional - take pride in their professional and personal integrity
2. UC graduates are global citizens - make creative use of technology in their learning and professional lives
Equivalent units9745 3D Graphics
|Year||Location||Teaching period||Teaching start date||Delivery mode||Unit convener|
|2023||UC - TAFE Queensland, South Bank||Semester 2||31 July 2023||On-Campus||Mr Greg Chandler|
- Gahan, A. (2012). 3ds Max Modeling for Games Insider's Guide to Stylized Game Character, Vehicle and Environment Modeling. Hoboken: Taylor & Francis.
- Gahan, A. (2009). Game art complete all-in-one : Learn Maya, 3ds Max, zBrush, and Photoshop winning techniques. Amsterdam: Elsevier/Focal Press.
- Ingrassia, M. (2009). Maya for games modelling and texturing techniques with Maya and Mudbox. Amsterdam: Focal Press/Elsevier.
- Palamar, T. (2014). Mastering Autodesk Maya 2015 Autodesk Official Press. Hoboken: Wiley
Students should endeavour to maintain at least 80% attendance for all lectures and tutorials. Lectures and tutorials are designed to scaffold student learning and assist students to complete their Assignment tasks. If there is a legitimate reason for an absence, then the lecturer should be emailed as a courtesy to explain the absence.
Additionally, students are expected to engage in an additional 4-7hrs of work per week for the unit, which excludes the lectures and tutorials (approximately 80hrs over a semester).
Required IT skills
This unit assumes IT and media production skills in line with the prerequisite units. Students should be comfortable designing, developing and producing digital media in a range of forms.
Work placement, internships or practicums