Music Performance and Originality (11646.1)
|Available teaching periods||Delivery mode||Location|
|View teaching periods|| On-Campus
|| UC - TAFE Queensland, South Bank
|0.125||3||Faculty Of Arts And Design|
|Discipline||Study level||HECS Bands|
|School Of Arts And Communications||Level 1 - Undergraduate Introductory Unit|| Band 2 2021 (Commenced After 1 Jan 2021)
Band 2 2021 (Commenced Before 1 Jan 2021)
Learning outcomesOn successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Develop and perform an originals set in collaboration with others;
2. Implement group expression techniques;
3. List technical requirements for group, public performance; and
4. Review and analyse own performance.
Graduate attributes1. UC graduates are professional - communicate effectively
1. UC graduates are professional - display initiative and drive, and use their organisation skills to plan and manage their workload
1. UC graduates are professional - take pride in their professional and personal integrity
1. UC graduates are professional - work collaboratively as part of a team, negotiate, and resolve conflict
1. UC graduates are professional - use creativity, critical thinking, analysis and research skills to solve theoretical and real-world problems
3. UC graduates are lifelong learners - reflect on their own practice, updating and adapting their knowledge and skills for continual professional and academic development
3. UC graduates are lifelong learners - be self-aware
Equivalent units9742 Performance: Exploring Originality
|Year||Location||Teaching period||Teaching start date||Delivery mode||Unit convener|
|2022||UC - TAFE Queensland, South Bank||Semester 2||01 August 2022||On-Campus||Mr Rafe Sholer|
|2023||UC - TAFE Queensland, South Bank||Semester 2||31 July 2023||On-Campus||Mr Rafe Sholer|
Students who attend campus for class or other purposes must play their part in keeping our campus and community safe by following these basic guidelines to reduce the risk of COVID-19 transmission:
- Practice good hand hygiene, washing hands regularly;
- If you do happen to cough or sneeze, please do so into the crook of your elbow, dispose of tissues immediately and wash hands immediately
- Practice effective physical distancing;
- Follow all directions of teaching and other UC staff regarding safety measures;
- Stay off campus if you are unwell and get tested according to Queensland Government guidelines, and
- Follow TAFE Queensland communications for current health and campus advice https://tafeqld.edu.au/current-students/health-advice.html?
Required IT skills
None expected, however you do need to provide and maintain your own musical instrument.
Work placement, internships or practicums
Public Performances form part of the unit assessment.
This will depend on the satndard of perfromance reached by student groups and venue availability. Simulated venues may be used if venues are unavailable.