Social Research Project PG (11642.1)
|Available teaching periods||Delivery mode||Location|
|View teaching periods|| Online
| UC - Canberra, Bruce
|0.25||6||Faculty Of Arts And Design|
|Discipline||Study level||HECS Bands|
|School Of Arts And Communications||Post Graduate Level|| Band 2 2021 (Commenced Before 1 Jan 2021)
Band 4 2021 (Commenced After 1 Jan 2021)
Band 4 2021 (Commenced After 1 Jan Social Work_Exclude 0905)
Learning outcomesUpon successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Demonstrate mastery of theoretical knowledge and reflect critically on theory and research practice;
2. Apply an advanced knowledge of recent disciplinary developments in their disciplinary field;
3. Demonstrate skills and understanding in the processes of developing novel research and scholarship;
4. With a high level of personal autonomy and accountability undertake a substantial research project or professional project which has potential to produce new knowledge; and
5. Communicate research findings with peers, in academic forums and engagement with the community of researchers within UC and within relevant professions.
Graduate attributes1. UC graduates are professional - communicate effectively
1. UC graduates are professional - display initiative and drive, and use their organisation skills to plan and manage their workload
1. UC graduates are professional - employ up-to-date and relevant knowledge and skills
1. UC graduates are professional - take pride in their professional and personal integrity
1. UC graduates are professional - use creativity, critical thinking, analysis and research skills to solve theoretical and real-world problems
1. UC graduates are professional - work collaboratively as part of a team, negotiate, and resolve conflict
2. UC graduates are global citizens - adopt an informed and balanced approach across professional and international boundaries
2. UC graduates are global citizens - behave ethically and sustainably in their professional and personal lives
2. UC graduates are global citizens - communicate effectively in diverse cultural and social settings
Prerequisites11637 Doing Social Research PG AND Permission required from the unit convener.
|Year||Location||Teaching period||Teaching start date||Delivery mode||Unit convener|
|2022||UC - Canberra, Bruce||Semester 1||07 February 2022||Online||Dr David Nolan|
|2022||UC - Canberra, Bruce||Semester 1||07 February 2022||On-Campus||Dr David Nolan|
To be discussed with convenor/supervisor
Recommended reference text: Bryman, A. (2016). Social Research Methods. (5th ed.). Oxford University Press.
Required IT skills
Basic internet literacies assumed. Students must be able to access and use email and Canvas, plus use scholarly databases via the UC library or elsewhere.
Work placement, internships or practicums