Communication Workplace Learning PG (11635.1)
|Available teaching periods||Delivery mode||Location|
|View teaching periods|| On-Campus
| UC - Canberra, Bruce
|0.125||3||Faculty Of Arts And Design|
|Discipline||Study level||HECS Bands|
|School Of Arts And Communications||Post Graduate Level|| Band 2 2021 (Commenced Before 1 Jan 2021)
Band 4 2021 (Commenced After 1 Jan 2021)
Band 4 2021 (Commenced After 1 Jan Social Work_Exclude 0905)
Learning outcomesUpon successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Apply understandings of theories of communication, and evaluate the application of their conceptual knowledge and practical skills, in professional contexts;
2. Reflect on their learning and achievement as a professional and their evolving contribution to the workplace and industry, and the knowledge, skills and capability needed to enable that contribution;
3. Analyse intellectual and creative engagement processes that enable teams to innovate and employ best practice in the communication industry; and
4. Demonstrate an understanding of the nuances of professional and ethical problem solving in a working environment.
Graduate attributes2. UC graduates are global citizens - behave ethically and sustainably in their professional and personal lives
3. UC graduates are lifelong learners - reflect on their own practice, updating and adapting their knowledge and skills for continual professional and academic development
1. UC graduates are professional - employ up-to-date and relevant knowledge and skills
PrerequisitesMust have passed 9 credit points.
Assumed knowledgeCompletion of Communicating Politics, Communication Theory: a toolbox for practical problem solving G, Smart Ideas for Communication G and Communication trends and innovation.
|Year||Location||Teaching period||Teaching start date||Delivery mode||Unit convener|
|2021||UC - Canberra, Bruce||Semester 2||02 August 2021||On-Campus||Dr Barbara Walsh|
|2021||UC - Canberra, Bruce||Semester 2||02 August 2021||Online||Dr Barbara Walsh|
|2022||UC - Canberra, Bruce||Semester 2||01 August 2022||Online||Dr Barbara Walsh|
|2022||UC - Canberra, Bruce||Semester 2||01 August 2022||On-Campus||Dr Barbara Walsh|
Reading and resources available on Canvas
180 hours for internships or project participation (in and out of workshop time).
Required IT skills
Work placement, internships or practicums
This unit is an internship unit and therefore, additional student responsibilities may be required in addition to those described in this section. Work-place learning requires strict adherence to professional practice principles and ethics. Confidentiality of host organisations must always be maintained including for assessment items such as reports and presentations.