BE Digital Design Techniques 01: Fundamentals (11624.1)
|Available teaching periods||Delivery mode||Location|
|View teaching periods|| On-Campus
|| UC - Canberra, Bruce
UC - TAFE Queensland, South Bank
|0.125||3||Faculty Of Arts And Design|
|Discipline||Study level||HECS Bands|
|School Of Design And The Built Environment||Level 1 - Undergraduate Introductory Unit|| Band 2 2021 (Commenced After 1 Jan 2021)
Band 3 2021 (Commenced Before 1 Jan 2021)
Learning outcomesAfter successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Digitally model both simple and complex 3D forms;
2. Produce diagrams, 2D and 3D architectural drawings that exhibit awareness of disciplinary standards and conventions;
3. Produce simple physical outcomes using digital fabrication technologies such as laser-cutting and 3D printing;
4. Produce professional portfolio documents using desktop publishing software; and
5. Produce and manipulate architectural imagery using rendering and image-editing software.
Graduate attributes1. UC graduates are professional - communicate effectively
1. UC graduates are professional - employ up-to-date and relevant knowledge and skills
2. UC graduates are global citizens - make creative use of technology in their learning and professional lives
3. UC graduates are lifelong learners - evaluate and adopt new technology
3. UC graduates are lifelong learners - reflect on their own practice, updating and adapting their knowledge and skills for continual professional and academic development
Incompatible units11013 Pixels and Polygons, 8330 Digital Environment
|Year||Location||Teaching period||Teaching start date||Delivery mode||Unit convener|
|2023||UC - Canberra, Bruce||Semester 2||31 July 2023||On-Campus||Mr Max Maxwell|
|2023||UC - TAFE Queensland, South Bank||Semester 2||31 July 2023||On-Campus||Mr Tom James|
|2024||UC - Canberra, Bruce||Semester 2||29 July 2024||On-Campus||Mr Max Maxwell|
|2024||UC - TAFE Queensland, South Bank||Semester 2||29 July 2024||On-Campus||Mr Tom James|
Please refer to the Unit's CANVAS online learning site for details related to core readings.
Inclusion and engagement
TAFE Queensland Student Support
Enquiries for Student Support (Counselling, AccessAbility and Indigenous Support) should be directed to 3244 5095 or StudentSupport.Services@tafe.qld.edu.au and our Student Support Officers will check Support staff availability, collate relevant details, and handle all staff and student questions and appointment requests.
Enquires for International Student Support Advisors should be directed to 3244 5633 or Intss.Brisbane@tafe.qld.edu.au
The skills necessary to successfully complete this unit will be developed during the weekly computer lab sessions (tutorials) and as such it is expected that every student attends all lab sessions in order to meet the assessment deliverables required.
Students who attend campus for class or other purposes must play their part in keeping our campus and community safe by following these basic guidelines to reduce the risk of COVID-19 transmission:
Practise good hand hygiene, washing hands regularly;
If you do happen to cough or sneeze, please do so into the crook of your elbow, dispose of tissues immediately and wash hands immediately
Practise effective physical distancing;
Follow all directions of teaching and other UC staff regarding safety measures;
Stay off campus if you are unwell and get tested according to Queensland Government (links to an external site) guidelines, and Follow TAFE Queensland communications for current health and campus advice https://tafeqld.edu.au/current-students/health- advice.htmlLinks to an external site
Required IT skills
The IT and software skills necessary to complete this unit will be developed during the weekly computer lab sessions (tutorials) and further supported by self-paced videos made available on the unit's CANVAS site.
To celebrate the conclusion of this unit we will conduct a unit-wide public exhibition. For this event, each student will be required to produce a small architectural model utilising the digital fabrication technologies in Workshop7 as well as print their A4 project booklet. Any students experiencing financial hardship should contact the unit convenor.
Work placement, internships or practicums