BE Digital Design Techniques 01: Fundamentals (11624.1)
|Available teaching periods||Delivery mode||Location|
|View teaching periods|| On-Campus
|| UC - Canberra, Bruce
UC - TAFE Queensland, South Bank
|0.125||3||Faculty Of Arts And Design|
|Discipline||Study level||HECS Bands|
|School Of Design And The Built Environment||Level 1 - Undergraduate Introductory Unit|| Band 2 2021 (Commenced After 1 Jan 2021)
Band 3 2021 (Commenced Before 1 Jan 2021)
Learning outcomesAfter successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Digitally model both simple and complex 3D forms;
2. Produce diagrams, 2D and 3D architectural drawings that exhibit awareness of disciplinary standards and conventions;
3. Produce simple physical outcomes using digital fabrication technologies such as laser-cutting and 3D printing;
4. Produce professional portfolio documents using desktop publishing software; and
5. Produce and manipulate architectural imagery using rendering and image-editing software.
Graduate attributes1. UC graduates are professional - communicate effectively
1. UC graduates are professional - employ up-to-date and relevant knowledge and skills
1. UC graduates are professional - take pride in their professional and personal integrity
1. UC graduates are professional - work collaboratively as part of a team, negotiate, and resolve conflict
2. UC graduates are global citizens - make creative use of technology in their learning and professional lives
3. UC graduates are lifelong learners - evaluate and adopt new technology
3. UC graduates are lifelong learners - reflect on their own practice, updating and adapting their knowledge and skills for continual professional and academic development
Incompatible units11013 Pixels and Polygons, 8330 Digital Environment
|Year||Location||Teaching period||Teaching start date||Delivery mode||Unit convener|
|2022||UC - Canberra, Bruce||Semester 2||01 August 2022||On-Campus||Mr Max Maxwell|
|2022||UC - TAFE Queensland, South Bank||Semester 2||01 August 2022||On-Campus||Mr Tom James|
|2023||UC - Canberra, Bruce||Semester 2||31 July 2023||On-Campus||Mr Max Maxwell|
|2023||UC - TAFE Queensland, South Bank||Semester 2||31 July 2023||On-Campus||Mr Tom James|
Please refer to the Unit's CANVAS online learning site for details related to core readings.
The skills necessary to sucessfully complete this unit will be developed during the weekly computer lab sessions (tutorials) and as such it is expected that every student attends all lab sessions in order to meet the assessment deliverables required.
Required IT skills
The IT and software skills necessary to complete this unit will be developed during the weekly computer lab sessions (tutorials) and further supported by self-paced videos made available on the unit's CANVAS site.
Work placement, internships or practicums