Introduction to Innovative Design Solutions (11612.1)
|Available teaching periods||Delivery mode||Location|
|View teaching periods|| On-Campus
|| UC - TAFE Queensland, South Bank
|0.125||3||Faculty Of Arts And Design|
|Discipline||Study level||HECS Bands|
|School Of Design And The Built Environment||Level 1 - Undergraduate Introductory Unit|| Band 2 2021 (Commenced After 1 Jan 2021)
Band 2 2021 (Commenced Before 1 Jan 2021)
Learning outcomesOn successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Understand the iterative design process and design research skills;
2. Create innovative design solutions for real-world problems using the design process; and
3. Effectively communicate design processes and output for a variety of clients.
Graduate attributes1. UC graduates are professional - communicate effectively
1. UC graduates are professional - use creativity, critical thinking, analysis and research skills to solve theoretical and real-world problems
3. UC graduates are lifelong learners - adapt to complexity, ambiguity and change by being flexible and keen to engage with new ideas
|Year||Location||Teaching period||Teaching start date||Delivery mode||Unit convener|
|2022||UC - TAFE Queensland, South Bank||Semester 2||01 August 2022||On-Campus||Mrs Ola Pak|
|2023||UC - TAFE Queensland, South Bank||Semester 2||31 July 2023||On-Campus||Mrs Ola Pak|
A detailed list of offline and online content will be published within the unit's Canvas site.
The tutorials follow a design studio structure, where formative feedback is given on assessment item, therefore attendance within the tutorial times in crucial to succeeding in this unit.
Required IT skills
Students require an intermediate understanding of standard operating systems (windows or mac IOS), word processing software as well as some design layout software to succeed in this unit.
Work placement, internships or practicums