3D Art Foundations (11604.1)
|Available teaching periods||Delivery mode||Location|
|View teaching periods|| On-Campus
|| UC - TAFE Queensland, South Bank
|0.125||3||Faculty Of Arts And Design|
|Discipline||Study level||HECS Bands|
|School Of Arts And Communications||Level 1 - Undergraduate Introductory Unit|| Band 2 2021 (Commenced After 1 Jan 2021)
Band 2 2021 (Commenced Before 1 Jan 2021)
Students will learn to research key information on historical and contemporary artists and their application of 3D media. 3D Media will be discussed and situated within contemporary culture.
The broad base of study here provides the foundation for further involvement with 3D media processes and applications. It provides the basis for the understanding of, and engagement with manual image making skills and their critique.
Learning outcomesOn successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Employ a variety of manual sculptural and ceramic techniques;
2. Review media, application, technique, design and content;
3. Identify key information on historical and contemporary artists and their use of 3D media;
4. Produce a portfolio of preliminary and resolved, works in 3D media; and
5. Employ communication skills in an academic and/or creative context.
Graduate attributes1. UC graduates are professional - communicate effectively
1. UC graduates are professional - display initiative and drive, and use their organisation skills to plan and manage their workload
1. UC graduates are professional - employ up-to-date and relevant knowledge and skills
1. UC graduates are professional - use creativity, critical thinking, analysis and research skills to solve theoretical and real-world problems
3. UC graduates are lifelong learners - reflect on their own practice, updating and adapting their knowledge and skills for continual professional and academic development
Equivalent units9758 Applied Techniques in 3D Forms
|Year||Location||Teaching period||Teaching start date||Delivery mode||Unit convener|
|2023||UC - TAFE Queensland, South Bank||Semester 2||31 July 2023||On-Campus||Mrs Michelle Carter|
No required texts - Reading list is on Canvas
Students must attend studio classes to be given materials. Classes for this unit take place in the ceramic studio where access to specialist equipment is required (and limited), therefor on-campus workshop attendance is highly encouraged.
Required IT skills
Work placement, internships or practicums