Songwriting and Production (11601.1)
|Available teaching periods||Delivery mode||Location|
|View teaching periods|| On-Campus
|| UC - TAFE Queensland, South Bank
|0.125||3||Faculty Of Arts And Design|
|Discipline||Study level||HECS Bands|
|School Of Arts And Communications||Level 1 - Undergraduate Introductory Unit|| Band 1 2013-2020 (Expires 31 Dec 2020)
Band 2 2021 (Commenced After 1 Jan 2021)
Band 2 2021 (Commenced Before 1 Jan 2021)
Learning outcomesOn successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Identify historically significant songs, songwriters, songwriting practices and techniques;
2. Aurally identify intervals, chords and standard chord progressions;
3. Deconstruct popular songs to their essential musical elements to create new songs;
4. Demonstrate and apply basic harmonic principles to create and explain professional chord charts; and
5. Record, produce, mix, master and upload songs.
Graduate attributes1. UC graduates are professional - display initiative and drive, and use their organisation skills to plan and manage their workload
1. UC graduates are professional - employ up-to-date and relevant knowledge and skills
1. UC graduates are professional - use creativity, critical thinking, analysis and research skills to solve theoretical and real-world problems
2. UC graduates are global citizens - make creative use of technology in their learning and professional lives
3. UC graduates are lifelong learners - evaluate and adopt new technology
|Year||Location||Teaching period||Teaching start date||Delivery mode||Unit convener|
|2021||UC - TAFE Queensland, South Bank||Semester 1||08 February 2021||On-Campus||Dr Ross McLennan|
|2022||UC - TAFE Queensland, South Bank||Semester 1||07 February 2022||On-Campus||Dr Ross McLennan|
All texts and readings are included on Canvas.
Participation is expected. You must present your songs in week 13 to your peers. If you cannot attend this class, you will need to present via video.
Required IT skills
Basic computer and Internet skills are required for this unit.
Work placement, internships or practicums