Coach Communication PG (11583.1)
|Available teaching periods||Delivery mode||Location|
|View teaching periods|| Online
|| Bruce, Canberra
|0.125||3||Faculty Of Health|
|Discipline||Study level||HECS Bands|
|Discipline Of Sport And Exercise Science||Post Graduate Level|| Band 2 2021 (Commenced Before 1 Jan 2021)
Band 4 2021 (Commenced After 1 Jan 2021)
Band 4 2021 (Commenced After 1 Jan Social Work_Exclude 0905)
Learning outcomesOn completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Critically analyse different coaching communication styles for the purpose of information transfer;
2. Evaluate and reflect on personal coaching styles in the context of evidence-based theory; and
3. Explain the role of the strength and conditioning coach and their integration within a athlete preparation team.
Graduate attributes1. UC graduates are professional - communicate effectively
1. UC graduates are professional - employ up-to-date and relevant knowledge and skills
2. UC graduates are global citizens - adopt an informed and balanced approach across professional and international boundaries
2. UC graduates are global citizens - think globally about issues in their profession
3. UC graduates are lifelong learners - reflect on their own practice, updating and adapting their knowledge and skills for continual professional and academic development
3. UC graduates are lifelong learners - be self-aware
|Year||Location||Teaching period||Teaching start date||Delivery mode||Unit convener|
|2023||Bruce, Canberra||Semester 2||31 July 2023||Online||Dr Nick Ball|
|2024||Bruce, Canberra||Semester 1||05 February 2024||Online||Dr Nick Ball|
There are no required readings for this book. Journal articles etc will be provided to support the material.
This content is being delivered in a predominantly self-directed self-paced format. As such it is the student's responsibility to engage with the material.
Onnline check-ins will be used to explore certain issues associated with the topic content and assignments.
Required IT skills
Ability to video and upload a coaching session. Word processing and Powerpoint.
This unit uses online meetings in real time using the Virtual Room in your UCLearn teaching site. The Virtual Room allows you to communicate in real time with your lecturer. To participate verbally, rather than just typing, you will need a microphone. For best audio quality we recommend a microphone and speaker headset. For more information and to test your computer, go to the Virtual Room in your UCLearn site and 'Join Course Room'. This will trigger a tutorial to help familiarise you with the functionality of the virtual room.
Work placement, internships or practicums