Strategy, Innovation and Change PG (11506.3)
|Available teaching periods||Delivery mode||Location|
|View teaching periods|| On-Campus
| UCI - Royal Institute of Management, Bhutan
UC - Canberra, Bruce
UCI - Ningbo University, Ningbo
UCI - East China University of Science & Technology Shanghai
|0.125||3||Faculty Of Business, Government & Law|
|Discipline||Study level||HECS Bands|
|Canberra Business School||Post Graduate Level|| Band 4 2021 (Commenced After 1 Jan 2021)
Band 4 2021 (Commenced After 1 Jan Social Work_Exclude 0905)
Band 5 2021 (Commenced Before 1 Jan 2021)
Learning outcomesOn successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Critically evaluate a range of theories and practices of strategic, innovation and change management;
2. Develop models and ambidexterity in organisational change in different contexts and environments;
3. Appraise the nature of creativity and innovation and how to design and implement it for positive change;
4. Evaluate contemporary organisations and forms of power and resistance.
Graduate attributes1. UC graduates are professional - communicate effectively
1. UC graduates are professional - employ up-to-date and relevant knowledge and skills
1. UC graduates are professional - take pride in their professional and personal integrity
1. UC graduates are professional - use creativity, critical thinking, analysis and research skills to solve theoretical and real-world problems
1. UC graduates are professional - work collaboratively as part of a team, negotiate, and resolve conflict
2. UC graduates are global citizens - adopt an informed and balanced approach across professional and international boundaries
2. UC graduates are global citizens - behave ethically and sustainably in their professional and personal lives
2. UC graduates are global citizens - think globally about issues in their profession
2. UC graduates are global citizens - understand issues in their profession from the perspective of other cultures
PrerequisitesIt is preferable that this unit be studied in the final year of the MBA program.
Incompatible units7776 Managing Change and Innovation PG
|Year||Location||Teaching period||Teaching start date||Delivery mode||Unit convener|
|2023||UCI - Royal Institute of Management, Bhutan||MBA Trimester 1||06 February 2023||On-Campus||Dr Doug Davies|
|2023||UC - Canberra, Bruce||Semester 1||06 February 2023||Flexible||Ms Diane Phillips|
|2023||UCI - Ningbo University, Ningbo||MBA Trimester 1||06 February 2023||On-Campus||Dr Doug Davies|
|2023||UCI - East China University of Science & Technology Shanghai||MBA Trimester 1||06 February 2023||On-Campus||Ms Diane Phillips|
|2023||UC - Canberra, Bruce||Semester 2||31 July 2023||Online||Dr Brent Jackson|
|2024||UCI - Ningbo University, Ningbo||MBA Trimester 1||05 February 2024||On-Campus||Dr Doug Davies|
|2024||UC - Canberra, Bruce||Semester 1||05 February 2024||Flexible||Ms Diane Phillips|
|2024||UCI - Royal Institute of Management, Bhutan||MBA Trimester 1||05 February 2024||On-Campus||Dr Doug Davies|
|2024||UCI - East China University of Science & Technology Shanghai||MBA Trimester 1||05 February 2024||On-Campus||Ms Diane Phillips|
|2024||UC - Canberra, Bruce||Semester 2||29 July 2024||Online||Ms Diane Phillips|
Strategic Management: Competitiveness and Globalisation (7th Asia Pacific edition)
Hanson, D., Backhouse, K., Leaney, D., Hitt, M.A., Ireland, R.D., & Hoskisson, R.E. (2022)
South Melbourne, Vic: Cengage Learning Australia
Organisational Change: Development and Transformation (7th edition)
Waddell, D.M., Creed, A., Cummings, T.G., & Worley, C.G. (2020)
South Melbourne, Vic: Cengage Learning Australia
Submission of assessment items
Extensions & Late submissions
All assessment items must be submitted and an aggregate mark of 50% must be achieved to pass this unit.
Students have a responsibility to uphold University standards on ethical scholarship. Good scholarship involves building on the work of others and use of others' work must be acknowledged with proper attribution made. Cheating, plagiarism, and falsification of data are dishonest practices that contravene academic values. Refer to the University's Student Charter for more information.
To enhance understanding of academic integrity, all students are expected to complete the Academic Integrity Module (AIM) at least once during their course of study. You can access this module within UCLearn (Canvas) through the 'Academic Integrity and Avoiding Plagiarism' link in the Study Help site.
Use of Text-Matching Software
The University of Canberra uses text-matching software to help students and staff reduce plagiarism and improve understanding of academic integrity. The software matches submitted text in student assignments against material from various sources: the internet, published books and journals, and previously submitted student texts.
Inclusion and engagement
Please contact the Unit Convenor if you have any questions or need assistance.
As this is an flexible/online unit, weekly participation in workshops is essential.
Required IT skills
Students will be required to prepare a short video as part of the assessment items and will need to select and use an appropriate application to prepare this content.
Work placement, internships or practicums
- Semester 2, 2023, Online, UC - Canberra, Bruce (214995)
- MBA Trimester 1, 2023, On-Campus, UCI - Royal Institute of Management, Bhutan (211145)
- Semester 1, 2023, Flexible, UC - Canberra, Bruce (213355)
- Semester 2, 2022, Online, UC - Canberra, Bruce (210348)
- MBA Trimester 1, 2022, On-Campus, UCI - Royal Institute of Management, Bhutan (210353)
- MBA Trimester 1, 2022, On-Campus, UCI - Ningbo University, Ningbo (210352)
- Semester 1, 2022, Flexible, UC - Canberra, Bruce (210350)