Performance Health D PG (11503.1)
|Available teaching periods||Delivery mode||Location|
|View teaching periods|| On-Campus
|| UC - Canberra, Bruce
|0.125||3||Faculty Of Health|
|Discipline||Study level||HECS Bands|
|Uc Research Institute Of Sport & Exercise||Post Graduate Level|| Band 2 2013-2020 (Expires 31 Dec 2020)
Band 2 2021 (Commenced After 1 Jan 2021)
Band 3 2021 (Commenced Before 1 Jan 2021)
Learning outcomesAfter successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Evaluate the effectiveness of health intervention programs;
2. Critically select and apply methodologies for effective communication of health improvement interventions; and
3. Critically select and apply principles of health economics.
Graduate attributes1. UC graduates are professional - communicate effectively
1. UC graduates are professional - display initiative and drive, and use their organisation skills to plan and manage their workload
1. UC graduates are professional - employ up-to-date and relevant knowledge and skills
1. UC graduates are professional - take pride in their professional and personal integrity
1. UC graduates are professional - use creativity, critical thinking, analysis and research skills to solve theoretical and real-world problems
2. UC graduates are global citizens - adopt an informed and balanced approach across professional and international boundaries
2. UC graduates are global citizens - behave ethically and sustainably in their professional and personal lives
2. UC graduates are global citizens - communicate effectively in diverse cultural and social settings
2. UC graduates are global citizens - make creative use of technology in their learning and professional lives
Prerequisites11499 Performance Health B AND 11502 Performance Health C
CorequisitesThis unit is only available to students enrolled in HLM201 Master of Applied Clinical Epidemiology (Sport).
|Year||Location||Teaching period||Teaching start date||Delivery mode||Unit convener|
|2021||UC - Canberra, Bruce||Semester 1||08 February 2021||On-Campus||Dr Jeremy Witchalls|
|2022||UC - Canberra, Bruce||Semester 1||07 February 2022||On-Campus||Dr Jeremy Witchalls|
The required and recommended reading list will be provided, with the Workshop Manaual, prior to the Intensive class week.
This unit will include a one-week intensive period of study, on the UC Bruce Campus, in Canberra, Australia. Students are expected to attend the Intensive from Monday 8th February to Friday 12th February 2021.
However, due to the fluctuating status of travel between states within Australia, and between countries worldwide during the Covid pandemic, the unit will also enable online attendance at the Intensive for those that cannot attend in person due to COVID restrictions. Students who participate in this way will need to ensure that they have suitable IT equipment and connectivity to interact with the processes provided by the unit convener(s).
Required IT skills
Work placement, internships or practicums