Advanced Robotics (11479.1)
|Available teaching periods||Delivery mode||Location|
|View teaching periods|| On-Campus
|| UC - Canberra, Bruce
|0.125||3||Faculty Of Science And Technology|
|Discipline||Study level||HECS Bands|
|Academic Program Area - Technology||Level 3 - Undergraduate Advanced Unit|| Band 2 2013-2020 (Expires 31 Dec 2020)
Band 2 2021 (Commenced After 1 Jan 2021)
Band 3 2021 (Commenced Before 1 Jan 2021)
Learning outcomesAfter successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Understand the industry;
2. Apply principles and techniques in varied application domains related to IT and Engineering;
3. Formulate solutions to solve problems related to robotics and automation;
4. Evaluate the current practice and predict future trends; and
5. Demonstrate conversance in key soft skills, such as communication, analysis and inquiry, problem solving, independent and group working, professionalism and social responsibility.
Graduate attributes1. UC graduates are professional - use creativity, critical thinking, analysis and research skills to solve theoretical and real-world problems
2. UC graduates are global citizens - make creative use of technology in their learning and professional lives
3. UC graduates are lifelong learners - adapt to complexity, ambiguity and change by being flexible and keen to engage with new ideas
Prerequisites11370 Foundations of Robotics AND 10087 Engineering Mathematics.
|Year||Location||Teaching period||Teaching start date||Delivery mode||Unit convener|
|2021||UC - Canberra, Bruce||Semester 2||02 August 2021||On-Campus||Dr Shahid Hussain|
|2022||UC - Canberra, Bruce||Semester 2||01 August 2022||On-Campus||Dr Shahid Hussain|
Required Text Book: Saeed B. Niku: Introduction to Robotics: Analysis, Control, Applications,
Edition: 2nd Edition
Suggested average student workload:
Lectures (2h lecture + 0.5h preparation) 12h x 2h + 6h = 30h
Laboratories (2h lab + 3h preparation) 10h x 2h + 30h = 50h
Laboratory Assignments (Part 1 + Part 2 ) 25h + 25h = 50h
Quiz 1 (incl. preparation) = 10h
Quiz 2 (incl. preparation) = 10h
Total: 150 Hours
Student participation in lectures, tutorials, laboratories, and online activities will enhance the student's understanding of the unit content and therefore the quality of assessment responses. Lack of participation may result in the student's inability to satisfactorily pass assessment items.
Required IT skills
This unit involves online meetings in real time using the Virtual Room in your UCLearn teaching site. The Virtual Room allows you to communicate in real time with your lecturer and other students. To participate verbally, rather than just typing, you will need a microphone. For best audio quality we recommend a microphone and speaker headset. For more information and to test your computer, go to the Virtual Room in your UCLearn site and 'Join Course Room'. This will trigger a tutorial to help familiarise you with the functionality of the virtual room.
Work placement, internships or practicums
- 11525 Advanced Robotics PG.