Vulnerability and the Law PG (11472.1)
|Available teaching periods||Delivery mode||Location|
|View teaching periods|| Flexible
|| UC - Canberra, Bruce
|0.125||3||Faculty Of Business, Government & Law|
|Discipline||Study level||HECS Bands|
|Canberra Law School||Post Graduate Level|| Band 4 2021 (Commenced After 1 Jan 2021)
Band 4 2021 (Commenced After 1 Jan Social Work_Exclude 0905)
Band 5 2021 (Commenced Before 1 Jan 2021)
Learning outcomesAfter successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Apply and analyse principles of legal process, including comparing and contrasting different legal responses to particular aspects of vulnerability;
2. Create and evaluate legal arguments, employing research, writing, and advocacy skills to agitate persuasively for reform; and
3. Critique the relationship between law and vulnerability in society.
Graduate attributes1. UC graduates are professional - communicate effectively
1. UC graduates are professional - display initiative and drive, and use their organisation skills to plan and manage their workload
1. UC graduates are professional - employ up-to-date and relevant knowledge and skills
1. UC graduates are professional - use creativity, critical thinking, analysis and research skills to solve theoretical and real-world problems
2. UC graduates are global citizens - behave ethically and sustainably in their professional and personal lives
2. UC graduates are global citizens - understand issues in their profession from the perspective of other cultures
2. UC graduates are global citizens - think globally about issues in their profession
3. UC graduates are lifelong learners - adapt to complexity, ambiguity and change by being flexible and keen to engage with new ideas
3. UC graduates are lifelong learners - reflect on their own practice, updating and adapting their knowledge and skills for continual professional and academic development
Prerequisites11431 Foundations of Law and Justice G or equivalent.
|Year||Location||Teaching period||Teaching start date||Delivery mode||Unit convener|
|2021||UC - Canberra, Bruce||Semester 2||02 August 2021||Flexible||Dr Cristy Clark|
|2022||UC - Canberra, Bruce||Semester 2||01 August 2022||Flexible||Dr Cristy Clark|
There is no set textbook for this unit. Readings will be provided via Canvas.
Participation is assessed in this unit. You will get the most out of the unit by listening to the lectures and participating in the online or face to face tutorials throughout the semester. Attendance and participation will demonstrate your preparedness to engage with and learn from others. It is likely that performance will be better for those who actively engage in the unit.
Required IT skills
Word processing and use of Canvas
Work placement, internships or practicums