Digital Marketing PG (11424.2)
|Available teaching periods||Delivery mode||Location|
|View teaching periods|| Flexible
| UC - Canberra, Bruce
|0.125||3||Faculty Of Business, Government & Law|
|Discipline||Study level||HECS Bands|
|Canberra Business School||Post Graduate Level|| Band 3 2013-2020 (Expires 31 Dec 2020)
Band 4 2021 (Commenced After 1 Jan 2021)
Band 4 2021 (Commenced After 1 Jan Social Work_Exclude 0905)
Band 5 2021 (Commenced Before 1 Jan 2021)
Learning outcomesAfter successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Critically evaluate marketing strategies in a variety of e-commerce marketing settings and provide practical solutions to the problems that you have identified.
2. Assess elements of good website design and apply theoretical foundations to recommend improvements in the online presence of large and small businesses and organisations in Australia as well as globally.
3.Critically analyse current issues in digital marketing and propose recommendations for improvement.
4. Analyse and critically evaluate the impact of disruptive technologies in digital marketing contexts and provide solutions how organisations can deal with these.
5. Critically apply theory to develop strategies to create site traffic in a variety of business settings.
6. Evaluate and compare entrepreneurial business processes that may emerge in the future and assess their impact on marketing strategies of both domestic and global businesses and organisations.
Graduate attributes1. UC graduates are professional - communicate effectively
1. UC graduates are professional - employ up-to-date and relevant knowledge and skills
1. UC graduates are professional - work collaboratively as part of a team, negotiate, and resolve conflict
2. UC graduates are global citizens - adopt an informed and balanced approach across professional and international boundaries
2. UC graduates are global citizens - behave ethically and sustainably in their professional and personal lives
2. UC graduates are global citizens - communicate effectively in diverse cultural and social settings
2. UC graduates are global citizens - make creative use of technology in their learning and professional lives
2. UC graduates are global citizens - think globally about issues in their profession
2. UC graduates are global citizens - understand issues in their profession from the perspective of other cultures
|Year||Location||Teaching period||Teaching start date||Delivery mode||Unit convener|
|2021||UC - Canberra, Bruce||Semester 2||02 August 2021||Flexible||Dr Irfan Khan|
|2022||UC - Canberra, Bruce||Semester 2||01 August 2022||On-Campus||Dr Irfan Khan|
Textbook: Chaffey, D., Ellis-Chadwick, (2019). Digital Marketing: strategy, implementation and practice. Pearson Education.
Larson, Jeff and Draper, Stuart (2020) Barker., Digital Marketing Essentials: A Comprehensive Digital Marketing Textbook, Stukent
Kingsnorth, Simon (2019) Digital Marketing Strategy: An Integrated Approach to Online Marketing Kindle Edition, Kogan Page; 2 edition (3 April 2019
Other useful sources for your research- other sources will be provided on Canvas as well
http://technorati.com – provides links to user-generated articles
http://mashable.com - blog, info about social networking 5 Million users
www.warc.com – marketing information service with journal articles, case studies etc.
www.slideshare.com PowerPoint presentations about a variety of topics
http://www.emarketer.com/Products/Reports.aspx - some executive summaries of reports are free
Business Review Weekly http://www.brw.com.au
Harvard Business Review http://www.hbsp.harvard.edu/frames/groups/hbr
Brand Equity http://www.economictimes.com/today/pageequi.htm
B&T Weekly www.bandt.com.au
The Age http://www.theage.com.au
The Australian Financial Review http://www.afr.com.au
The Sydney Morning Herald http://www.smh.com.au
Market and Audience Research
Consulting firms- often interesting reports
Marketing Sherpa http://www.marketingsherpa.com
Gartner group http://www.gartner.com
Boston Consulting Group http://www.bcg.com
Ernst and Young http://www.ey.com
Price Waterhouse Coopers http://www.pwcglobal.com.au
Submission of assessment items
Extensions & Late submissions
Please provide the details of each student: Name, ID, tutor and tutorial time
Further information provided in canvas and during the lectures
Students are required to attend all tutorial sessions. The unit relies on students being independent learners. The lectures are pre-recorded. However, the tutorials are run as a flipped classroom and student participation is encouraged to facilitate effective learning. Students who are unable to attend their allocated tutorial can attend another tutorial in that particular week.
Required IT skills
Basic IT skills: Word, Excel, Powerpoint- students will be required to join various social media sites.
Work placement, internships or practicums
- 11179 Digital Marketing AND 6379 Internet Marketing