Professional Practice (Health) 1 (11401.2)
|Available teaching periods||Delivery mode||Location|
|View teaching periods|| Flexible
|| Bruce, Canberra
|0.125||3||Faculty Of Health|
|Discipline||Study level||HECS Bands|
|Faculty Of Health||Level 2 - Undergraduate Intermediate Unit|| Band 2 2021 (Commenced After 1 Jan 2021)
Band 3 2021 (Commenced Before 1 Jan 2021)
Learning outcomesAfter successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Reflect on and analyse professional ethical codes, standards of conduct and legal parameters as practised in the workplace and in professional settings; and
2. Apply disciplinary skills and knowledge in real-world contexts and critically analyse this process;
3. Practice the principles of collaboration with peers and colleagues to achieve effective and innovative outcomes;
4. Design a project to a professional acceptable standard relevant to their field of study; and
5. Synthesise discipline knowledge and skills to develop innovative solutions to real-world health issues.
Graduate attributes1. UC graduates are professional - communicate effectively
1. UC graduates are professional - display initiative and drive, and use their organisation skills to plan and manage their workload
1. UC graduates are professional - employ up-to-date and relevant knowledge and skills
1. UC graduates are professional - take pride in their professional and personal integrity
1. UC graduates are professional - use creativity, critical thinking, analysis and research skills to solve theoretical and real-world problems
1. UC graduates are professional - work collaboratively as part of a team, negotiate, and resolve conflict
2. UC graduates are global citizens - behave ethically and sustainably in their professional and personal lives
3. UC graduates are lifelong learners - adapt to complexity, ambiguity and change by being flexible and keen to engage with new ideas
3. UC graduates are lifelong learners - be self-aware
3. UC graduates are lifelong learners - reflect on their own practice, updating and adapting their knowledge and skills for continual professional and academic development
PrerequisitesThis unit is only available to students in a Bachelors program in the Faculty of Health.
Students must have passed at least 24 credit points, including 11400 Professional Orientation (Health) OR 11474 Professional Orientation (Psychology).
|Year||Location||Teaching period||Teaching start date||Delivery mode||Unit convener|
|2023||Bruce, Canberra||Semester 1||06 February 2023||Flexible||Ms Kylie Moulds|
|2023||Bruce, Canberra||Semester 2||31 July 2023||Flexible||Ms Kylie Moulds|
|2024||Bruce, Canberra||Semester 1||05 February 2024||Flexible||Ms Kylie Moulds|
|2024||Bruce, Canberra||Semester 2||29 July 2024||Flexible||Ms Kylie Moulds|
Readings for the weekly topics will be available on the UCLearn site.
It is highly recommended that students complete all pre-workshop work and attend all workshops.
To pass this unit, students must:
- attain 50% overall (of total grade).
Required IT skills
This unit may involve online meetings in real time using the Virtual Room in your UCLearn teaching site. The Virtual Room allows you to communicate in real time with your lecturer and other students. To participate verbally, rather than just typing, you will need a microphone. For best audio quality we recommend a microphone and speaker headset. For more information and to test your computer, go to the Virtual Room in your UCLearn site and 'Join Course Room'. This will trigger a tutorial to help familiarise you with the functionality of the virtual room.
Word, Excel and Powerpoint skills are required.
Work placement, internships or practicums
This unit involves a WIL project.
Contact your unit convener if you have any concerns with meeting the requirements of this unit.
- Semester 2, 2023, Flexible, UC - Canberra, Bruce (213412)
- Semester 1, 2023, Flexible, UC - Canberra, Bruce (212216)
- Semester 2, 2022, Flexible, UC - Canberra, Bruce (208287)
- Semester 1, 2022, Flexible, UC - Canberra, Bruce (206798)
- Semester 2, 2021, Flexible, UC - Canberra, Bruce (203554)
- Semester 1, 2021, Flexible, UC - Canberra, Bruce (203543)
- Semester 2, 2020, Internship, UC - Canberra, Bruce (198736)
- Semester 1, 2020, Internship, UC - Canberra, Bruce (198737)